Sign in to follow this  
rsan

Helix + Mesa Boogie Triaxis

Hey guys,

I'm a huge fan of that good and warm tube amp sounding. I'm a using a Mesa Boogie Triaxis over the past 5 years always with multi FX rack units (PCM 80, Eclipse, G-Major, G-Force, etc.). I have been using the Axe Fx Ultra over the last two months and I decided to give Helix a go. I know it's a amp modeler and its made so we don't have to use anything else... BUT, I'd appreciate if a current owner could share an opinion on how can I wire these two units together. 

Many thanks!

Helix fx loop send 1 to triaxis input, triaxis left out to helix fx loop return, enjoy. 

Cheers. 

I typically run FRFR with a pair of CLR Neo wedges, but I recently re-tubed my 2:90 and ran that into my 30th anniversary Marshall 4x12 for fun. Sounded wonderful, but way too loud. 

I have a Triaxis also, but haven't hooked it up since I got my Helix. :p

If you're wanting to have Triaxis tone and use the Helix for only effects, signal chain should be: Guitar --> whatever you want in front of Triaxis --> Triaxis Guitar In --> Triaxis L Out (or both for stereo) --> Helix Guitar In --> Helix 1/4" Out --> Power amp. Then run a midi cable from the Helix Out/Thru to Triaxis Midi In. That will take care of the patch changes. Leave amp, cab, and IR blocks alone if you're using a traditional guitar cabinet.

If you want to run direct without a power amp, then the same signal chain above should be fine minus the power amp but add a cab or IR block in the Helix's signal chain.