Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X I'm not liking my tone....

rjack2384

Ok,

So I've had my HD500X for about 3 weeks now. My current amp is a Line 6 Vetta I Combo. When I got the HD500X, I took one channel on the vetta, grabbed a clean amp model, flattened out the eq so the bass, mid, treble and presence are at the middle. Then I hooked up my HD500X. My clean tones out of the HD sound really good, however I can't get a good crunchy or lead tone out of that thing to save my soul. It's like I have no "Beef" to the tone at all. It sounds tinny and weak. It sounds like a tiny Marshall combo practice amp you got in the 80's. I've eq'd the hell out of it and I have my first gig with my new band this Saturday. My goal is to eventually go direct to the PA with this, but if I can't get a good tone out of it with an amp, what's the point in keeping it? 

Help will be appreciated....

I do something similar with my old Flextone III XL...Just basically a Vetta II Lite....If you use the FX returns, you will need to put a dummy plug in the guitar input as there is a power amp mute switch on that...you also have to make sure the FX Loop is on...On the Flextone, it powers up with the FX Loop enabled regardless of the patch saved state...Not sure if the Vetta is the same in this regard...I think it is....works great for me.