Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jtv 69 - No Power

Hi guys.  No amount of forum searching has helped me out here.

College has got a JTV-69 that will no longer power up.

The battery is full, there is a jack connector and the VDI cable is connected.

When I push the modelling button, nothing happens...

Until last Wednesday it worked fine.

I have a feeling one of the students has plugged the VDI into a Spider 3 120 combo and that might have something to do with it.

Any ideas?
Cheers folks

Bob

Search the forums for discussion of the model selection knob issue.  Basically, tolerances for the selector knob and control assembly are off such that it cannot be pushed down far enough to turn on the guitar electronics.  Try pulling the knob off and pushing the shaft directly with your finger.  If that does the trick, just shim the end of the shaft with a little disk of cardboard and push the knob back over that.  This is extremely common with the JTV-69.  Mine did it too and it scare hell out of me until I figured it out :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Same issue here, Line 6 support suggested exactly that, but no amount of toggling the bare encoder shaft would restore power to my Lake Placid Blue baby...

So here I am sadly parcelling it up again for a return - don't have the electrical skills for measuring current/voltage at various points of the circuit board, I'm afraid.

I was hoping a propellerhead would point me towards what wires to/from the battery and other main feeds to check.

Bummer... was just getting set to download the new sounds and all, first unboxing and tryout as well...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...