Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Question About Mac/hd500x Volume Issues To Headphones

I'm having issues with volume from different sources back to the headphones out on my hd500x.

I would like to simultaneously output to headphones attached to the hd500x:

• Guitar (guitar in on hd500x)
  • Mic (mic xlr in on hd500x)
  • Mac Mini (via USB to hd500x) including iTunes, drum machine software, recording software
  • Occasionally, iPad drum machine (via CD/MP3 In)

The problem is all volume levels coming from my Mac are unbearably loud.  I've tried dropping my Mac volume controls as low as possible but it takes away all balancing control.  My volume and master volume and guitar volumes are all set at near max volume.

I have looked for input volume options on both the hd500x and my mac to no avail.  Any help is appreciated.  My only thought at this point is to get a second mixer to run the Mac and HD500x through and then plug the headphones or monitors into that.

Thanks,

Scott

Check the Line 6 Audio-MIDI Devices control panel (or sysprefs in Mac). There's a slider that can adjust the hardware monitoring level (I think it's called). It's intended to help balance levels between the device and your computer.

I'm at work so I'll have to check when home.  However, I'm pretty sure they were also set at the minimum volume.