Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500x into a Focusrite 2i2?

madroxounds

I've got an ongoing issue with running my 500x directly into my laptop (Asus X55u running Win 10). Seems like a USB issue causing BSOD. I've been unsuccessful in finding any fixes online so I'm considering just buying a new USB interface, probably a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and just run the POD into that. 

Does anyone use a similar setup and does it work well? i.e no latency or loss of sound quality? Also, are there any other interfaces more suitable than the Focusrite?

9 hours ago, madroxounds said:

I've got an ongoing issue with running my 500x directly into my laptop (Asus X55u running Win 10). Seems like a USB issue causing BSOD. I've been unsuccessful in finding any fixes online so I'm considering just buying a new USB interface, probably a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and just run the POD into that. 

Does anyone use a similar setup and does it work well? i.e no latency or loss of sound quality? Also, are there any other interfaces more suitable than the Focusrite?

Get the 2i4... it's a minimal price difference, and I've heard tell of some issues with the preamps in the 2i2. I used the 2i4 for years with the POD (and now Helix). The direct monitoring feature works great, no audible latency... just be sure to turn direct monitoring in your DAW off, or you'll hear yourself twice. 

I think the USB3 USB2 suggestion is the thing to look at...Check out your laptop manual to see which port(s) is designated USB2 only...My Sony tablet is like that...I have one USB 3 and when I use it, it works for several hours and then will BSOD...I just figured that out recently as I have used the same tablet for several years and had always used the right hand port...turns our the two ports on the left hand side, one is USB3 and the other is USB2....right hand is also USB2....anyhoo, just a thought...

On 5/31/2018 at 4:41 PM, Kopfschmerzen said:

Over the years HD500 ASIO driver had been failing on some of my laptops with BSOD, and the only way for me to fix it was to use ASIO4ALL driver instead of the original HD500 one. Try it first before spending money on anything.

Looking into this a bit further, it seems to be happening after I have switched to the HD500 Asio Driver in the VST Audio System options in Cubase.

Do I simply download the latest ASIO4ALL driver?