Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX backup error

sideshowsmitty

22 hours ago, sideshowsmitty said:

Firmware is 2.54.  I do have snapshots.  Thanks.

I was actually asking if "HX Edit" (on the computer) is up to date... it should be 2.52. If it's an older version it may not be able to understand the code from the latest firmware on the machine.

16 hours ago, TLysecki said:

I got this today, filed a support ticket. Hopefully there's some simple solution.

Edit: I do not use snapshots. Mine fails about 6-8% through on the 'Presets' stage.

Try a different USB port. The general rule is to not use a USB Hub, and stay away from any "front ports" as they are often just hubs themselves. In other words, try to plug in to a primary USB port on the back of the computer. 

On 6/7/2018 at 9:09 AM, codamedia said:

Try a different USB port. The general rule is to not use a USB Hub, and stay away from any "front ports" as they are often just hubs themselves. In other words, try to plug in to a primary USB port on the back of the computer. 

Thanks, it's an older MBP though, and they're both USB 2.0 ports. One seems to work better than the other, and that's the one I was using.

Support told me it's usually a corrupted preset, and to drag my presets into my computer manually and do a factory restore, then a backup. Not an ideal solution, but if it's the only way, then that's all I can do.

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2018 at 4:37 PM, TLysecki said:

Thanks, it's an older MBP though, and they're both USB 2.0 ports. One seems to work better than the other, and that's the one I was using.

Support told me it's usually a corrupted preset, and to drag my presets into my computer manually and do a factory restore, then a backup. Not an ideal solution, but if it's the only way, then that's all I can do.

Thats actually the main preset that I use most.  I'm getting better at dialing in sounds, so I may delete it, or move all the blocks to separate presets to see which one is corrupt so I can try to figure out what I did to corrupt it and not do it again.  Thanks for the replies!  

I got the same error....
So for backup, I have to export individual presets....

*I got it to backup.

I deleted all the presets, did the factory reset and reinstalled the firmware.

Then started to upload the presets individually. 

Got one faulty preset. One block was in the path B but it was "floating".... There was no connector to it and from it. Deleted the block, saved the preset. 
Then tried  to backup the unit and it worked fine.

I loaded the same  preset to the previous firmware and it was correct (tha path)...

I don't understand what might have happened to the preset when it was loaded to the new firmware...