Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G70 Range Problem

killtone66

Hello - I have a G70 that has worked really well for me for a few years, but at my last gig my signal started dropping out at about 30 feet.  Are there any simple problems that cause this or am I going to need to get it repaired?  I have never done any kind of update or programming on it.  When I got it a few years ago I just connected it and it worked so well immediately that I never looked back. 

• 2 weeks later...

It was probably something causing interference on the channel you're using. Really, you should do a channel scan as described in the manual before each gig to find the channel with the least interference. Also, if you haven't done it, you should probably confirm that both your transmitter and receiver are running the latest firmware.

• 7 months later...

I have had nothing but problems with my G70 system. I love the concept since I keep 3 guitars on stage each with slightly different volumes. The problem seems to be with the cable input. The cables that come with them and/or the input jack design have problems (I have 4 transmitters and a receiver). I see RF connectivity but many times I have to wiggle the cable connector at the transmitter input to connect the audio and it is not just with 1 transmitter or 1 cable. It is somewhat better using non-Line 6 cables but still not great. This is quite a nuisance since I am constantly switching guitars and have to reach down and mess with the cable. Hate to ditch these but it is a serious problem and I am tired of fighting it.

• 4 months later...

Hey!

I did it a SCAN and I don't have enough signal in every channel....

First shows I went away 50 meters from stage and now I can't go away 5 meters.

I went to the shop 6 months ago to explain this and they changed and repaired the transmitter, but currently I still having problems.

Can someone help me, please??

Thank you

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-10 at 20.33.10.jpeg

I ended up switching to a Sennheiser because after doing all of the recommended updates and scans I still had the same problems.  No one wanted to acknowledge that it could possibly be an actual physical problem with the unit.  I just needed something that worked so I moved on.  BTW - if you are in an area where there is a lot of other digital signal (i.e. wifi) it WILL cause problems for any of the digital wireless systems.   

• 3 years later...

I am having the exact same issue with mine. I did a factory reset, scanned for free channels, and made sure that the receiver was in the middle of the floor, 10'  from anything else. I would really like to know if this can be repaired or if I have a piece of trash.