Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix unpacking question....

rbedsaul1

So I got a brand new Helix a few weeks ago.  There was a thin protective clear plastic on the big LCD.  Clearly the intent was to remove it.

My question... is there a similar plastic on the stomp button LED labels? 

It looks like there might be, the covering looks a little hazy.  But I can't find any sort of edge or anything to grasp and peel at.  Is there nothing there, or is it just really difficult to peel off?

(please don't mess with me - I won't want to try crazy peeling methods if there's nothing there to remove)

53 minutes ago, rbedsaul1 said:

(please don't mess with me - I won't want to try crazy peeling methods if there's nothing there to remove)

You'll need pliers, witch hazel, some hickory chips, a six foot length of pipe, and a goat...;)

Just kidding... yes, there should have been plastic covering the scribble strips, but anything is possible... if you can't find anything to peel off, then maybe the scribble strip sticker guy was out sick that day....

In extreme cases, the goat might not be enough - you'll need Antlotl blood and a scraper...

Seriously, my helix did have plastic on the scribble strips - but if it's not a problem, leave it there for a while, it's just an extra protective layer...

I just got an helix processor and found out that I can not use gear box program any more.  I really like to use gear box with my POD pro before.  Is there a Gear Box equivalent with the Helix processor. Simple and easy to used