Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Native update anytime soon?

Jagman13

soundog: To answer your question: I have both Native and Helix LT and I use Logic Pro X. I would like to be able to control Native Snapshots on the fly without using the automation method that you mentioned (although it s a great idea for that specific purpose). Phil suggested that I should be able to accomplish this via my LT by programming the buttons within the command center but I have not had must luck getting LT to send any meaningful midi to Logic. 

And Yes, via USB.

17 minutes ago, Petes63Strat said:

Phil: Yes, I am in Snapshot mode. I was also able to finally get the buttons to deliver some midi activity but nothing that really made sense. EX: For some reason  one click of the first button would yield 3 separate control change messages n a row. I want to be clear on one thing: Early on in your initial suggestion for using the lightning bolt: If I want to to use the A-D Bottom row snapshot switches, Which lightning bolt am I supposed to setup with the CC#69 & 0 command, and do I setup only ONE lightning bolt, then do I setup A-D with the CC#69 and 0,1,2,3 across the 4 respective buttons? Or do I still have this wrong?

It doesn't matter which lighting bolt you use. All those commands get sent out when you change snapshots (they aren't associated with any Stomp footswitch). So it sounds like perhaps you have commands in more than one of them. It all comes down to this little note on page 47 of the manual:

9fab9728-1fd8-456d-b177-9e689d8b5a66.png

So that's why I said you only need one. The CC# number will stay the same, but you program the value you want sent out in each snapshot.

17 minutes ago, Petes63Strat said:

Phil: I believe I have it setup properly in the way that you initially explained it. The values in B, C,D are then 1,2,3

2019-03-25 14.00.39.jpg

2019-03-25 14.00.52.jpg

You actually don't need to assign anything to those footswitches if you're in Preset Mode have Preset Mode set 4 Stomps/4 Snapshots. Those four footswitches will be used to change snapshots.

I am in present mode (with 4 and 4) but if I do not setup any info in the individual foot switches how would each switch know what differing midi data to send when you cycled through them?  I think I'll have to pass on trying this to get this to work in the way I need, especially with Logic because apparently Logic has its own issues with passing midi through and onto the plugin itself. I sure do appreciate your help. I do believe that Line 6 should have thought about making their Helix hardware and Native (which I think of a a companion product)  communicate with one another directly. Especially the snapshots feature. Thanks again!

27 minutes ago, Petes63Strat said:

I am in present mode (with 4 and 4) but if I do not setup any info in the individual foot switches how would each switch know what differing midi data to send when you cycled through them?

In 4 Stomp/4 Snapshot view, the bottom four switches would be calling up Snapshots 1 - 4. The Instant Commands are commands that are sent out when a preset and/or snapshot is loaded. So in this instance,  that CC command with the value that associated with each snapshot would be sent out whenever you load a snapshot. The footswitch icons only apply  to Stomp switches in Stomp Mode, so whatever commands you assign to those footswitches will have no bearing on what happen in the 4 Stomp/4 Snapshot view.

Regardless, I'm sorry it didn't work out. If you decide to change your mind, I'm glad to try to help however I can.

• Thanks 1

pete the strat guy, thanks for verifying the summary of what you want to do. I now see this as a mental challenge (good for my aging brain) so will try to duplicate and get it going here. I'll get back to you...

• Thanks 1

Thanks, soundog. I keep telling myself the same thing (mental challenge, good for my aging brain :).  I did have a bit of luck just a moment ago that is worth mentioning: As I stated above I am now getting midi data to Logic from my buttons on Helix Lt from the moment I change the "mode" position to Stomp (from Snap where I had it originally. The problem now is trying to get through this annoying Snapshot "INDEX" because it is impossible to get it to respond to midi in a predictable manner, thus far. Thank you so much for anything you can do to help. This would be a great breakthrough for a lot of players if we can sort it out.

Yay! Glad it worked!

If I remember correctly, you might need to save your controller settings with a template, then start with that template when you create a project. I can't remember if they are saved with a project....

• Thanks 1

Soundog: Templates! What a great idea. That is the final step that was eluding me. I now have a great template with all of the pieces that I typically have to setup manually, and my new "Snapshot Control via Helix LT" is right there upon open.  You have helped me in such a variety of ways starting back when I was still using a demo of Helix Native. I am very grateful for your kind assistance. You and your 'aging brain' can practice on me anytime you like :) Thanks again!