Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT in Powercab via MIDI - Not working?

Frankenkeim

Hi Guys - I have a problem connecting the Helix LT into the Powercab + via MIDI (AES cable for sound works just fine.

I have a MIDI cable in the "Out / Through" of the Helix and the "In" on the PC.

Based on what I read here it is supposed to work but when I pull up the PC Edit it reads "No Device Connection" and I can't get it to work.

I was trying to find similar topics but it seems as if most folks here can connect and had issues with the Command Center. I can't even get to this step and are stuck because of the "no device connection" issue. My MIDI knowledge as close to none and I need help!

Thank you all!!

24 minutes ago, Frankenkeim said:

Yes - USB from Helix LT into USB on Laptop. I am trying to use PC Edit there.

Midi Cable out of LT and in PC

I was trying to use Edit through that setup.

You'd want to use HX Edit, not PC Edit. Then you'd want to edit the Command Center settings for the LT there.

Should I not be able to control the PC directly using a MIDI cable, similar to what I do with HX Edit and the Helix? Said differently, when I plug in the USB into the PC Edit I can change IR, presets etc. I thought I can do the same via a MIDI cable from the LT.

7 minutes ago, Frankenkeim said:

Should I not be able to control the PC directly using a MIDI cable, similar to what I do with HX Edit and the Helix? Said differently, when I plug in the USB into the PC Edit I can change IR, presets etc. I thought I can do the same via a MIDI cable from the LT.

You can control the PC via MIDI from the LT, yes, but you have to program the LT in order to so. You can change IRs, presets, cabs, etc. from the LT, but you'll need to decide how you want to do it. The easiest way would be to change presets on the PC along with presets and/or snapshots on the LT. You could do that by setting up one Instant Command in the LT preset, and set the PC# to correspond to whatever preset you want to call up in the PC. If you're more adventurous, you can change other things by sending MIDI CCs. If you don't have a lot of familiarity with MIDI, though, you might find that a bit intimidating.

That worked - thank you.

I think I got caught up thinking that I could use "PC Edit" with a MIDI cable in the same way I can use PC Edit when I connect the USB into the PC.

Using  the Command Center on the LT and assigning a "Program" under the "Bank / Prog" command did work. For example "Program 3" is the Cream Cab on the PC. Saved and it worked.

Thank you again!!!