Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help! Footswitch in madness in Helix floor...

Nandocaster

Hi everyone!

I have an out of warranty Helix that some time ago started to bulling me with a footswitch that when i press it... it's like pressing twice. It's the same Footswitch that allow you to start or stop a loop (obviously in the loop block). The cons of this are obvious: Do you want to stop the loop? Nope, it will not. Do you want to engage the booster? Nope! not this time buddy... 

So i was thinking in cleaning it with electronic cleaner spray (I don't know if it spells like that) but i don't know if i can break the led, the touch sensitive, clean without opening the back or if i should do it! So please, smart people o Line6 community... You are my last hope!

Cheers!

I would try just hitting a bunch of times before you do anything else. The footswitches are self-cleaning, so if there's some sort of debris in there causing problems, you may be able to get it out. If that doesn't work, I'd open up a support ticket before opening it up yourself. Even though your Helix is out of warranty, they may still help you out.

2 hours ago, jerhon said:

I have the same problem.  I wish they would put some sort of configurable setting in the firmware so it ignores switches too close together in time.  I am also out of my warranty window.

What did support say when you contacted them?

5 hours ago, Nandocaster said:

What support, line6 ones or the line6's certifyed workshop? because this one says that send it to them and pay the repair and maybe i can do something to earn 160€!

??????

Must be a language barrier thing, I've no idea what that meant......

On 6/15/2018 at 5:42 PM, rd2rk said:

??????

Must be a language barrier thing, I've no idea what that meant......

Sorry about that mate, it's hard to type in a foreign language when you are almost crying hahaha. =P

On 6/15/2018 at 5:47 PM, phil_m said:

Open up a support ticket: https://line6.com/support/tickets/add.html

Thank you Phil, i have just send the ticket, waiting for what happens.

@rd2rk  I never opened one, I assumed since I'm out of warranty, I won't have much luck.

I'm using snapshots now most of the time, and so the issues aren't as big deal there.  If I do ever go into to stomp mode though, it's a pain on a few footswitches.  I just have to be careful where I program things then.

9 minutes ago, jerhon said:

@rd2rk  I never opened one, I assumed since I'm out of warranty, I won't have much luck.

Try opening a ticket, maybe you might be pleasantly surprised!