Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pedal/Effect profiles to be reused by Helix?

thedudeabides79

This might be something that is already possible and I just dont know it. But I would love to be able to create profiles for pedals that I regularly use with FX loop send/returns.

I use a Suhr Riot pedal and really love it. 

First, every time I move the pedals position in a given preset, I have to reassign pedal number as well as scribble strip name and light color settings. Not sure why this is something that isn't kept until manually changed or reset.

But what I really think would be great is that if I could create a profile for the Suhr Riot and just drag it to a spot in the chain. I would have to assign an FX loop and a button command if i wanted one, but the name and color would be part of the profile.

And I know this may sound ridiculous given we are only talking about name and color. But it would just be cool to have a group of profiles built to be quickly added to the preset chain.

Has anyone else thought of this?

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, mourningwould said:

First, every time I move the pedals position in a given preset, I have to reassign pedal number as well as scribble strip name and light color settings. Not sure why this is something that isn't kept until manually changed or reset.

Really? Should be easier than that.

• If you are moving the effect position in the signal flow, the switch should never change. 
  • If you are changing the switch, can't you just do a swap? Touch (don't press) and hold two switches for a couple seconds.... confirm the swap. This only changes the switch assignments (and should retain your settings) but does not alter the position of the effect in the signal flow.

NOTE: I use an HX Effects not a Helix... but I believe the basics are the same. 

9 minutes ago, codamedia said:

• If you are moving the effect position in the signal flow, the switch should never change. 
  • If you are changing the switch, can't you just do a swap? Touch (don't press) and hold two switches for a couple seconds.... confirm the swap. This only changes the switch assignments (and should retain your settings) but does not alter the position of the effect in the signal flow. 

That may be true as far as moving effect position. I forgot to say that when I am doing these things I am using HX Edit. I have the rack unit and the software interface is just more practical. But I do know that there are some things that work differently with the software than directly with hardware. Save as, for example.

This may also be true for capacitive touch. I have used that but as I said above I typically use the software and maybe it can be done by touching the switches to assign instead. If that is true though, that is pretty ridiculous that the software and the hardware work so differently. Not sure though. I will try when I get a chance.

Either way, I still want reusable pedal profiles. :)

Thanks for the response.

10 hours ago, jbuhajla said:

The only way currently is to save a preset "template" that has your favorite pedals with your favorite parameters. You can then copy/paste them as needed. 

I just tried this and it actually doesn't work. If you copy and paste an FX loop block with custom name and LED color from one preset to another, the custom name and switch LED color dont come to the new preset.

Yeah. I would have settled for what you were saying if it worked that way. And I think it actually COULD if you set up a template and never moved the FX loop blocks. But as soon as you change footswitches you lose the customization. Does Line 6 read these? How to we make suggestions for added features? I think this would be a really great thing to have.

What you need to do is save whole presets as "templates". These have not only the effects and parameters you commonly use, but also their positions in the signal chain and footswitch assignments, colors and labels. Copy the whole preset, then just edit the preset to add/remove what you want to change.