Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M13 Update Trouble

vladinavoid

I´ve tried to update my M13 using my new Mac, OSX 10.8.5.

I used an old Unitor 8 midiinterface and downloaded drivers to make it work with OSX.

I installed a sysexplayer, hooked everything up and followed the instructions.

I pressed play and left it there for a couple of hours.

When I came back it was still in Flash update mode, recieving (I think), so I left it for while longer.

After maybe 6-7 hours I gave up and unplugged everything.

Now every time I power up my M13 I can´t get out of the Flash update-screen.

I took it to the store where I bought it, but they couldn´t help me.

The store contacted the dealer (Luthman Sweden), and Luthman told us I had to change the whole "card".

Is this really necessary?

I have tried to update M13 with my PC before, without any luck (probably because of a crappy-noname midi interface).

But I have always, up till now, been able to go back.

/M

(V 1.02)

First, it shouldn't take hours for the update to go through. It should take less than 10 minutes - probably closer to 5. It's been a while since I've done it, but it's relatively fast. You'll see right away on the one LCD screen whether or no the update is going through or not.

The first thing to try if you haven't yet is to remove the cable going from the interface's IN to the M13's OUT. You really only need the cable going from the interface's OUT to the M13's IN to do the update.

First, it shouldn't take hours for the update to go through. It should take less than 10 minutes - probably closer to 5. It's been a while since I've done it, but it's relatively fast. You'll see right away on the one LCD screen whether or no the update is going through or not.

The first thing to try if you haven't yet is to remove the cable going from the interface's IN to the M13's OUT. You really only need the cable going from the interface's OUT to the M13's IN to do the update.

Hey there, My M13 wont acknowledge its recieving anything. I use a mac and it I did successfully dump a scene into my SysEx. the problem is it wont take anything IN. its been doing that on?off glitch and I need to update to 2.04 as I only have 2.0 Help!! :)