Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Rectifire, with Lundgren Pickups

Gobol

The fine folks over at Lundgren Pickups asked me to demo their newest humbucker set, called Black Heaven, and this is what I came up with.  All guitar tones (and bass) are coming from my Helix Rack.

The high-gain rhythm and solo tones are all the Cali Rectifire model. The clean tones, and the low-gain solo are through the Essex A-30.

Thanks for listening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SubhUJSMaUk

And also... can anyone tell me how to embed youtube videos on here? I was trying some different code (including the youtube embed code), but the post previews looked like none of them would work...

Cheers!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TRENDKILLCFH333 said:

Sounds good dude!!!  I can't get the Rectifire model to sound that great.......yet.   Very well done!  

That’s exactly what I was going to say. That sounded absolutely brutal, I can’t get Rectifire to sound like that. Nicely done, sounds great.

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Rectifire was the first amp I went to because I love my old Dual Recto Rack. I still haven't really spent much time with any of the other models yet. For me, I put an EQ block after the amp block and that makes for a big improvement in the sound of that model!

And @BBD_123, thanks for the embedding tip! It's strange, I tried putting just the url as well, but when I hit preview it just appeared as a link. Huh. I'll try again sometime. 

*edit* That's so weird, you're right, it works... I don't know what I did then... Thanks

• Like 2

Glad you got it working. The forum software is a bit... odd sometimes, so I wouldn't worry about it :-)

Tidy demo that. I'm not the target customer for those pickups, but they do what they are supposed to do :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demisery said:

Thanks guys! Rectifire was the first amp I went to because I love my old Dual Recto Rack. I still haven't really spent much time with any of the other models yet. For me, I put an EQ block after the amp block and that makes for a big improvement in the sound of that model!

I'm definitely experimenting with this tonight - thanks for sharing your secret!

@TRENDKILLCFH333 No problem. I can share the preset if you want (it would be later, after work), but for now, I had taken a screenshot for a friend, so here are the settings I'm using for the Parametric EQ after the Rectifire. Tweak to suit, of course, but this really tidied up that model for me.

I should also mention that I'm using an Ownhammer IR, and not a Helix cab in that video.

@BBD_123 Don't make high cuts in the cab block, that's interesting! I've been doing that on occasion... do you feel that it hurts the tone to do it that way? I actually haven't experimented with any other high cut methods yet.

DR-eq.jpg

1 hour ago, Demisery said:

Don't make high cuts in the cab block, that's interesting! I've been doing that on occasion... do you feel that it hurts the tone to do it that way? I actually haven't experimented with any other high cut methods yet.

I do, but I can do better than handwaving :-)  Have a read of this, and a listen to the audio clips. See what you think. I haven't used a cab block for high (or low) EQ cuts in a long while. FWIW, I find that the Parametric EQ provides a more musical sounding cut than the plain High / Low Cut EQ. Hope this helps - not that you seem in need of much help in the tone department :-)

• Like 1