Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Workbench "not connected"?

Yikes, after about four years of routinely using workbench, just now, my 59 connected briefly, but had an upload error, then won't connect at all. Details:

• Got both green lights on the USB adapter as usual
  • Tried launching workbench after guitar connected.  Alternatively adding connection with workbench already running
  • Battery freshly charged.
  • Re-loaded Workbench with latest version
  • Verified that all custom presets are still in the guitar by connecting to my HD500X.  All normal thru headphones.

What am I missing?

warcloudwells

29 minutes ago, warcloudwells said:

Yikes, after about four years of routinely using workbench, just now, my 59 connected briefly, but had an upload error, then won't connect at all. Details:

• Got both green lights on the USB adapter as usual
  • Tried launching workbench after guitar connected.  Alternatively adding connection with workbench already running
  • Battery freshly charged.
  • Re-loaded Workbench with latest version
  • Verified that all custom presets are still in the guitar by connecting to my HD500X.  All normal thru headphones.

What am I missing?

warcloudwells

Theres no need to bother with that ridiculous USB dongle (those things have always been iffy)  if you have a POD... connect to the POD with the VDI cable, then the POD to the computer via USB. I did it that way for years. 

Side note: batteries suck. In addition to the Workbench connection, the VDI  will power the JTV,  too. Kills 2 birds with one stone...

Yaay. Ditching the dongle worked.  I had not read about that trick before.  However, interesting that it took maybe four times longer thru the HD500X.

I'm just glad my -59 did not get reset - I use all the customs, and probably could not rebuild them.  Thanks Cruisinon.