Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JBL speaker impulse responses? (Or jbl'ish speakers)

ckeibler85

I'm looking for some JBL type speaker impulse responses.  I'm interested in any type of JBL 110, 120 or 130 series in any cab... d120, d130, d110, k series, e series.  AND any JBL similar speakers like... Beyma liberty, eminence commonwealth, weber california, weber michigan... etc etc etc!

I see redwirez has some, but they only have two and I've heard redwirez are outdated by today's impulse response standards... but that was on a post from 2013- so maybe theyve updated since then?  I'm new to helix, so please be easy on me.  I did try searching these out- Oh and i found some dude posted an e130 IR!  i'm gonna go try to use it for now.

JBL's and fenders are a killer combo!  duane allman used JBL's in his marshall 4x12 with his marshall head to get one of the most legendary guitar tones of all time- seems like theyd be in pretty high demand to get IR'ed!

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean by "outdated by today's impulse response standards". Technically, the formats they have are still current, so they're totally usable.

Far as I know, Redwirez hasn't updated anything in a long time, but that doesn't at all mean their stuff isn't any good. Stuff doesn't have to be the New Hotness to be great.

Edited by zooey
didn't mean to post yet, wasn't done

On 12/4/2015 at 10:30 AM, jaminjimlp said:

here is a bunch I found and some I made with rewirerz mix2 prog from free ones I found. I think the best one I made is the "GHK.wav" the other good one is the kp-cab-ir.wav someone made with a kemper that was posted on TGP

enjoy friends: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m19ymuuus8qid7d/AACLHcDWpEUZsUF54GLom6Xua?dl=0

This is a very old quite and I can't create a backlink, so I'm just copy-pasting it. It is still active and I actually found my favourite bass cab IR in there (a Mesa one). It contains some duplicates, some IRs vary greatly in volume and - as usual - there's some very good and some very bad ones. But if you have the time, you can look through there and maybe find something that suits your needs, I haven't checked for JBL.

As for the "quality" discussion: like zooey said, there is no technical difference in the IR files themselves. What I could imagine may have been meant by the "by today's standards" is that IR recording techniques have progressed. Maybe different tools and/or acoustic setups are now used that yield "better" results, whatever the definition of "better" might be. I strongly recommend not to simply pass on "old" IRs though as they might have just the sound you're looking for. Think of an IRs real-world counterpart: For some reason, some people still prefer a very old and totally outdated Fender Bassman over something shiny and modern...