Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk1500 Midi cc

SciFi

So far I‘m able to control my FH1500 perfectly with midi commands via a BossEs-8 loop-switcher. Patch changes and almost all control chances work via midi this way. The only issue I got is with the FH1500 looper control change to CLEAR/DELETE the looper. It just doesn’t work via midi cc, while everything else ( record, stop, play, overdub, etc ) works fine. Also the clear function via FBV3 works.

Does anybody know the correct CC# and values, or has an idea what I possibly do wrong?

THX

• 6 months later...
8 hours ago, SciFi said:

anybody? :-)

Line 6 doesn't add a "clear/delete" midi function to their devices. The thinking is there is no point in doing it because:

1. No loop is permanently stored in the device - so when you turn it off all loops get deleted.

2. In a performance setting, there is no point in deleting the loop. If you need a new loop, rather than delete, simply send the midi command to record a new loop, and the old loop is deleted.  You would then use the new loop.

• 3 years later...
On 6/16/2018 at 2:21 PM, SciFi said:

So far I‘m able to control my FH1500 perfectly with midi commands via a BossEs-8 loop-switcher. Patch changes and almost all control chances work via midi this way.  

Which  Firehawk parameters are you able to control via midi control change messages? 

Do you assign CC numbers  to parameters somehow (as with "proper" midi equipment) or do Firehawk functions have a predefined connection to various given CC numbers and if so how can one find out what they are? The so called midi implementation chart in the manual doesn't really say much and actually looks like there's not much midi implementation going on..

Thanks.

On 11/12/2022 at 8:08 PM, N-My said:

Which  Firehawk parameters are you able to control via midi control change messages? 

Do you assign CC numbers  to parameters somehow (as with "proper" midi equipment) or do Firehawk functions have a predefined connection to various given CC numbers and if so how can one find out what they are? The so called midi implementation chart in the manual doesn't really say much and actually looks like there's not much midi implementation going on..

Thanks.

I mean . . .  there's NOT much midi implementation going on. How much do you want for this device? All there is is what's found below. You're not meant to create patches through midi or switch out effects. The function given to it is looper control and the ability to activate and deactivate effects in the patches that you've created, similar to what the floor board accessory would let you do. 

https://line6.com/data/6/0a0643394ec856b12f66afda1/application/pdf/Firehawk 1500 Pilots Guide - English ( Rev A ).pdf

• Upvote 1