Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Don't use One Spot CS12 to Power HX Effects

mgrainger

now... YMMV but I was using the One Spot CS12 for the last couple months to power my HX effects and it was iffy at best... sometimes it would boot up fine others the HX wouldn't boot at all but after some moving of cables it would eventually boot... well last night at my FIRST GIG with the HX Effects it refused to boot no matter what I tried.... thankfully I live 5 minutes from the venue and was able to jump in my car and get the power supply that came with the HX Effects... not sure if it was the One Spot's fault or if it's dependant on the venue providing proper voltage but I'm not risking it again.... just finished changing out the CS12 for my old Voodoo Labs PP2+ which will power my pedals and I'll use the courtesy 110VAC plug to power the HX with the Line6 adapter....

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

I got in contact with True Tone and they sent me a new CS12 to replace my older one.... seems it is a version issue.... long story short,  just rewired my board with the new one and everything looks like it's working perfectly.. I'm still going to be cautious and keep the Line Power supply with me in my gig bag but.... looks like it's all good now..... 

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...

Sorry to Hijack your thread, but it seems similar issue happened to my CS6, I was in our studio which has limited power supply (Just 2 outlets with 16Amps each) while rerouting some cabling under the pedalboard (live), I accidentally unplug the main outlet and had the CS6 shut off and then boot, it couldn't power the whole board afterwards and showed the blue LED flashing where the 2 x 500mA were. I was only using the CS6 with the HX FX, a dunlop mini wah, a tc mini tuner, and a digitech drop. both 500mA outs were used for the HX FX and Drop, thus it seems it power was not enough, did boot it many times to see where the problem was and got it fixed by switching the drop pedal from the 500 to the 200mA outlet. I'll update if any problems show up again.