Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression pedal with Helix HX - Switching?

jstudio123

Hi all, 

First post after purchasing a Helix Hx for my live set up. The clincher for me was the amp channel control, which works really well.

I have a question about the expression control. Basically if you have an expression pedal for wah for example, is the effect off when the pedal is not in use?. i.e can I use it like a normal wah. The last thing I want to be doing is stepping on a switch then having to move over to my expression pedal, my other option is to simply keep my current wah pedal...Any advice appreciated. 

Paul.

Expression pedals can be rigged to turn off when you hit a certain position, and even after a certain duration has passed. So if your pedal stays at the heel position for 250ms, it will turn the effect off. I don't love that and have assigned my wah to a footswitch that I control with the expression pedal. It sounds less convenient than it is, I don't think it's that bad.