Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Farm 2 In Garageband 10 (new One)

I am wondering if anyone has had the same problem I have just encountered. After installing Mavericks, I installed the newest version of Garageband (10). I went to select POD Farm 2 plug-in, and it says it isn't authorized. The standalone version works and says it is authorized in my license manager. 

Same problem. Fortunately everything works fine in the previous version of GarageBand; the GarageBand 10 installer didn't overwrite the previous version of GarageBand; and the new and old GarageBand can co-exist on the same Mac (or maybe this is the problem??? - I don't dare trash my old GarageBand to find out...)

Not only am I exactly in the same boat, I was going to try reinstalling podfarm 2but can't find the CD copy I got with my kb37! Line6, help us please! Sooo not happy with Apple right now!

You don't need the CD. You can get the latest version of POD Farm 2 here: http://line6.com/software/index.html

You don't need the CD. You can get the latest version of POD Farm 2 here: http://line6.com/software/index.html

Thanks phil_m -

The thing is I also don't have the license key I assume is with the CD. It was a long time ago since I bought the KB37 and installed podfarm 2.5. When I look at my registered line6 software associated with my profile, podfarm 2.5 is not in the list of licensed software I own.

Again, The podfarm 2.5 I got came with the my KB37. So it appears that when I installed it off the CD I didn't register with my profile. What can I do to getting this resolved without having to buy another license for $99?

Thanks - JJB

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a support ticket open for while now.  The Line 6 tech said that they'd been in contact with Apple and the Apple said that the 10.0.1 update was supposed to address the issue, but it didn't help me.

FWIW, they'd asked me to perform the following steps to completely uninstall/reinstall.  I'd be interested to see if anyone else had any luck using this process.  Please don't do this unless you've got backups or feel comfortable with the steps:

----------------------

-Throw away all versions of POD Farm 1 or 2 applications to the trash from the Applications/Line6 folder.

-Manually search in the following locations and delete any of the files found from within each of these folders:

-Library/Audio/Plugin-Ins/Components

-Library/Audio/Plugin-Ins/VST

-Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers

-Library/Frameworks (look for L6WXTG and L6WXTY.framework and delete them)

-Library/Application Support/Line 6

-Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins

-(Username)/Library/Application Support/Line 6

-Applications/Line 6

-User/Documents/Line 6

-User/Library/Preferences (Line6 preferences, should be something like com.line6.xxxxx, etc. Delete.)

-Empty the Trash.

-Next, go into Applications/Utilities and launch the Terminal application and type the following commands at the prompt:

cd // (then press the enter key)

cd /private/var/db/receipts (then press the enter key)

sudo rm -i com.line6* (then press the enter key)

-Enter your Mac OSX account password. Note: you will NOT see the cursor acknowledge any characters being input; you will need to type your system password correctly and hit "Enter"!

-Type Yes to every option/question to remove Line 6 software components (there will be a good number of confirmations, FYI).

-Repair disc permissions using the 'Disc Utility'.

-Restart the computer.

-Download and install POD Farm 2.56 from the link below:

MAC POD Farm 2.56: 

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=5703

Once POD Farm 2.56 is installed, close all other applications and launch the Line 6 License Manager application and de-authorize and re-authorize your UX1 making sure to 'remove' and 'install'. Close License Manager and than open Garageband and try again to insert POD Farm 2.56 as an effect.

-----------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a message that I just got from Line 6 support:

Hello,

This is a bug which we have identified and look to fix in a future release. There is no release date for this, but we are aware and working for a resolution in the future.

-----

So, they're aware and working on a fix.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been going back and forth with Line 6 Tech support for weeks now, still no luck.  Since the problem is specific to GarageBand they're trying to pass me off to Apple tech support now.  Has anybody found a way around this issue yet?