Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Two Stereo Pedals(h9's) one FX Loop?

sdre9096

Definitely, I have a timeline, and two loopers in series in a stereo fx loop. It will take up two effects loops. So sends from fx loops 1&2 to the first h9, out of the h9 into the next, then out of the second h9 back into returns 1&2. Now simply select a stereo fx loop block. Voila!

Yes.  I run an H9 and a Mobius in stereo using sends 3/4.  I use midi to bypass/engage them separately.  Some of my patches put that loop in front of the amps (for H9 pitch fuzz and Mobius rotary, which sound better in front).  Some patches put 3/4 in the fx loop of my amp (for delay or spacey reverb stuff).   

Most excellent thanks guys. One more question.... If a mono pedal is placed in the stereo loop will it break it? Or will I be able to just use one side of the stereo loop if I only want to turn that mono pedal on. 

On 6/22/2018 at 9:00 PM, sdre9096 said:

Most excellent thanks guys. One more question.... If a mono pedal is placed in the stereo loop will it break it? Or will I be able to just use one side of the stereo loop if I only want to turn that mono pedal on. 

Obviously a mono pedal is only going to affect (effect?)  one side of the stereo loop.  This may or may not be exactly what you want.  For example, if you were to use a Mimiq pedal, this is exactly how I'd use it.   You could also put a mono block (EQ, volume, etc) after the stereo loop block, and activate it when you want the stereo block to be summed to mono.  

Almost anything is possible with Helix.  If we could just split/rejoin the signal more than once per path it'd be perfect.  :)