Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone Run Mac Osx Mavericks Yet?

ethyl80

new version of garageband etc...

no problem with the line6 stuff. (or any other problems as of yet.)

Have you tried recording in the new GarageBand? GB's new Drummer feature sounds exciting, since I can never get the right feel from loops. But the Line 6 POD HD500 to GarageBand is my lifeline to my current projects...

Over on another forum I use, (PreSonus - Studio One) there are quite a few Mac users (I think most) having issues when installing 10.9.

PreSonus is aware of this and has stated they will be coming out with a fix supposedly within a week.

With Win 8.1 just coming out it's hit and miss. Some users have had some glitches and others have none. Most report that 8.1 seems to be even a bit quicker. :D

The "Test Software" from Mac and MS is preliminary release stuff right... ;)  so it makes sense that there may be some issues when the Official Release has been changed.

yeah briefly... but i already have logic x so the drummer thing i was already familiar with.

it's a bit different than a straight loop... "drummer regions" are your friends! haha

makes it quite easy to change it up per section etc.

I agree with this, been using the "drummers" with Logic X and I like it. Lately I feel like I get more out of it than EzDrummer. 

Resetting the ports on my MacBook eliminated all of my midi issues that started after upgrading to OS X Mavericks.

Try the following steps:

1. Shut down

2. Hold down the following keys simultaneously for 30 seconds and then let go:

shift

control

option

the power button

(You will not see or hear anything)

3. Press and release the power button to start the MacBook, and quickly press and hold the following keys until the mac plays a tone:

option

command

the letter p

the letter r

(The mac will play the same tone a few times and then continue booting)

In addition to these steps, I found that turning on my midi devices BEFORE plugging them into the mac was important.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed OS X Mavericks and the new GarageBand 10. Since then, i can't use the tone library of my Pod Farm 2.5?! I see my tones in the audio units panel but when i select one of theme, a message tell me that i must authorized the PodFarm with the licence key manager but, all my software, adds-on and computer are authorized so i don't understand why it doesn't work? The Pod Farm software work perfectly alone... help me!

I think the new Garageband requires 64-bit AudioUnits and I heard there is some new 'sand boxing' implemented in how AU plugins are run on Maverick which may break use of plugins that do support 64-bit interface. I ran Ozone 4 (32-bit AU) on earlier Garageband version and the new GarageBand does not find it. Also tried to upgrade Ozone 4 to 64-bit (version 4.04 download from Izotope) but that does not run under Maverick and there are no plans from Izotope to update Ozone 4 (Ozone 5 is now out for more than a year). I am using the older GarageBand (still in Applications folder) whenever I need to use the older plugins.

You may want to give the old Garageband a try to run Pod Farm 2.5

There is a bug after either updating the flash memory and/or using POD edit.  Like the gentleman said below, his works fine....but I've experience this and I've read, at least one other has.  I have a MB pro, about 3 years old...with Mavericks...healthy laptop, all the current OS updates, works perfect in general.  After I flash a POD HD 500X and or import presets to it through "edit".....the OS shuts down with a grey/blue error message screen on my mac, and reboots....after the USB completes any kind of communication.  It does happen, it is a bug and it's legit.  

I am new to Mac and have never had an issue with my Toneport UX2 on my PC, however now on mac running OSX 10.9 Mavericks I load up gearbox etc.. and the needles move showing I have sound but I cannot get any sound, headphones, mac speakers, etc... What am I doing wrong? Is gearbox not able to work with OSX 10.9? I would hate to have to buy a new firewire interface.

No good for me. since installing maverick, there is a big delay from playing a note to hearing it and the sound cuts in and out. grrrr. I installed the new driver from line 6 and still have the same issue

I have the same issue than you since upgrade to Maverick with my MacBookPro. Do you had a solution ??? Thank you for feedback.

I don(t know if this issue is known of the Line6 Team ?

Hello all.I find the problem.

I try the ratliffmarkl solution without effect.

I use LogicProX. So i try with Garageband and No latency no problem.

I return to LogicProX and try to find the issue. I try to reduce the buffer size which was to 1024 the maxi. With 512 the result i better and usable. If i choose a very very small buffer, the sound is bad.So 512 or 256 is ok.

I hope some users can be happy with this solution and Maverick was not the problem !!! Thank you all for your help

I am new to Mac and have never had an issue with my Toneport UX2 on my PC, however now on mac running OSX 10.9 Mavericks I load up gearbox etc.. and the needles move showing I have sound but I cannot get any sound, headphones, mac speakers, etc... What am I doing wrong? Is gearbox not able to work with OSX 10.9? I would hate to have to buy a new firewire interface.

Ahhh, go into preferences into the audio and select your input and output for the COMPUTER, the program may be set but the actual Mac needs to be set

• 3 months later...