Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Toneport GX/POD Farm 1.2 problems after Windows 10 update

I'm using my Toneport GX with POD Farm 1.2, latest drivers, latest Line 6 Monkey which says everything is up to date.

After the recent 1803 update it's unusable - drop-outs, noise, cracks. I re-installed Line 6 with drivers manually, no change.

I tried the old Gearbox which has similar problems. Sometimes also the playback of videos etc. stops for one or two seconds.

I also tried a Roland Duo-Capture I got a while ago and didn't use so far and this one has no problems at all.

When I open the settings in POD Farm and look at the ASIO tab it says not found. I can't remember what settings I had before, because it worked for years without problems. Until this damn 1803.

Any ideas? Can anyone post a screenshot of the ASIO settings tab?

Yes Win10, the1803 update is well know for problems. So I thought others must have this problem, too and maybe an error.

I can't record because of the cracks and dropouts.

Just plugged my guitar in, started Pod Farm and the problems occur.

Can anyone look at the driver tab I've posted and tell me what should be there?

The driver tab looks fine, what about the driver selection in your DAW? Do they  match the settings that you have set in the audio device manager in the top picture? That will cause drop outs/ clicking/ hissing.

When i use podfarm stand alone, it resets the drivers and they dont match, i need to reset it every time.

On 6/23/2018 at 6:35 AM, www12barde said:

I can't record because of the cracks and dropouts.

What do you use to record?

The ASIO client would be any software using the GX ASIO driver, such as a DAW.

A few more things to try if you haven’t already:

• Try a new USB cable, likely not the issue but will eliminate that as the culprit.
  • Try the other 5 buffer sizes.
  • Try all other USB ports on you PC.
  • Explicitly disable your internal soundcard and set the GX as the default.
  • Check Win10 power and performance options.

I would also open a support ticket, if the drivers aren’t jiving with Win10, hopefully the more info Line6 has the sooner a fix will come.

• 1 month later...

Came back after holiday, did the latest Windows and BIOS updates (DELL), voila - it works!

Don't know which one it was, but they seems to have fixed the audio bug.

I did not change the Line 6 installations.

No more cracks , no freezes anymore :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I hate to say but Win10 again did some updates, now cracks are back and I also get a second tone a few ms later and a semitone deeper as soon as I raise the volume.

Checked my Roland card, worked with no problems.

Anyone out there using Toneport GX with Podfarm 1.2 successfully with Windows 10 + recent updates?

• 3 weeks later...