Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Jtv-89 Variax Knob Problem - No Simulation

Hello, 

Yesterday my new Variax JTV-89 came, unfortunately pushing Guitar Model Selector doesn't start variax, LED won't lit :/ Battery is fully charged. Does anyone know what is the problem?

I thought that changing firmware to 2.0 will help, unfortunately, after installing version 2.0 problem is the same.

Sorry form my English ;)

Best regards

Pawel 

• 3 months later...

I have same problem variax mode not activating, I tried reinstall firmware but no help, If i connect the variax to usb the red led in the side of the variax blinks, th other led is green. What could I do?

You need a fully charged battery AND plug a 1/4" cable into the jack to turn the Variax on, otherwise the USB dongle will think that nothing is connected.

thanks, I plugged the 1/4" cable and now both led are green but workbench hd still show no device connected, and variax button does not lid

thanks

Close Workbench, then try connecting to Line6 Monkey first. If that recognizes the guitar, then reopen Workbench. Failing that, reboot the whole computer and try again. The whole setup gets cranky sometimes and doesn't want to cooperate...I've had to fiddle with it to get it to see the guitar as well. Don't know why it works one day and not others...but most likely it will work eventually if you poke at it long enough.

• 3 months later...

pulling the knob   did the trick for me ("uh  huh huh  he said  knob" in his best butt head voice)   turns out it had been smashed down a bit not leaving enough clearance to engage the switch

i love mechanical issues  :)   hope this helps someone

• 2 months later...

"pulling the knob" was a solution :) I had the same problem with Variax JTV-89. I started to think that sth is really messed up. When you pull knob just a little bit (you can totally pull it out if you want to look inside), it starts to work. Indeed smal mechanical issue, but really hard to find. Thnx much for help  :D

pulling the knob   did the trick for me ("uh  huh huh  he said  knob" in his best butt head voice)   turns out it had been smashed down a bit not leaving enough clearance to engage the switch

i love mechanical issues  :)   hope this helps someone

Just incredible to see that this problem is still chronic.  Even if Line6 is not in a financial position to retool the plastic molding, one would think they could start installing a shim on all production units... 

• Upvote 1

• 6 years later...