Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can i get some help and advice please ?

danbottomburp

Hi,

thanks for reading, i am about to take delivery of a DT25 and the matching cab on Wednesday , i have lots of questions but will just ask the most important ones for now 

I want to connect my Helix Rack to the Amp , and use my Presets , i don't want any of the effects on the Amp to get in the way of what the Helix is doing 

So how do i connect them and achieve that  ?

Also is it necessary to use the official Line 6 link cable  ? seems to be quite expensive for what it is 

Anyway ,. thanks for any help i get 

Dan 

Dan,

There are many many posts here about the ways to hookup and use a DT series amp with Helix. Best advice is to search L6-Link, DT amp, Helix and DT Amp, etc etc.

You also need to look for software called DT Edit (I think its called). It lets you "clear out" the internal settings of the DT amp so that Helix is providing all of the tones/amp/cab/mic/reverbs etc. Lots of reading ahead for you my friend!

• Thanks 1

I used to own the DT25 as part of "The Dream Rig" set up with variax JTV59 and HD500 and after messing about with it came to the conclusion that if you wanted the HD500 to sound the same as you are hearing out of the headphones or powered monitors at home then connect from the 1/4" out to fx return on the amp.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigBob-Irwin said:

I used to own the DT25 as part of "The Dream Rig" set up with variax JTV59 and HD500 and after messing about with it came to the conclusion that if you wanted the HD500 to sound the same as you are hearing out of the headphones or powered monitors at home then connect from the 1/4" out to fx return on the amp.

Ok what is the name of this cable  ? is it the same as the one mentioned above  ?

I have my tones perfect coming out of my Studio monitor speakers, just want to transfer that sound to the DT25. 

i am fine having just the one patch at a time and leaving the other channels on the Amp to whatever they are now. 

I have also got DTEdit installed , just need to check my Midi Interface works when the Amp and Cab arrive and thats sorted, just the cables now to send Helix to that Amp and have it reproduce exactly what the Helix produces without any of its inbuilt modelling