Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT USB connection to HX edit only

3dlabking

Is there a way to plug the usb of the Helix LT to the PC so I can use only the HX edit and not as an audio interface?  I already run my monitors through a Scarlett interface and want to keep it that way.  When I try to use the usb I get a huge amount of echo on everything including youtube videos etc.  If I use the Helix into the Scarlett it works great but I have to unplug the usb and loose the HX edit functionallity.

The Scarlett is my default audio device and the Helix is plugged into it.  When I unplug the usb the echo disappears and everything included videos sound normal again. I am assuming the helix is sending audio through the usb which is causing the echo.

I have the same problem with helix rack my presonus AI mixer is the audio device,unless i unplug my usb it has the latency from the usb being plugged in, in multi out on the helix, i have to go with XLR outs or line outs, i want to use both and usb too,even with the presonus as audio device,WTF!!! i want to be able to use my helix editor.Please HELP i dont want to open ticket in support, and this is the only post that describes my problem,thanks ps, its mixed in to the main outs on my board, driving me nuts!!!

Edited by FukinA15
better description.

If you want to log this as a problem/bug you need to open a support ticket. As things currently stand this behaviour is considered normal - not a bug. When you connect Helix (or most other Line 6 audio interfaces) via USB to a computer it resets the computer's audio configuration to use Helix as the audio interface. If you want to use a different audio interface you need to reconfigure the computer's audio settings manually after connecting Helix and connect the Helix analog outputs to the desired interface's inputs. That way you can continue to use HX Edit via usb to Helix, and also use the other audio interface in another usb port.

That's the way things are designed. As mentioned if you want to persuade Line 6 otherwise the support ticket is the way to go.