Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects Lag Between Snapshots

tallikaz

Hi there!

I've made some snapshots from presets, but the weird thing is that there's a significative lag when I change between them (video attached). Am I missing anything? Even changing between presets the lag is less, and snapshots are supposed to be even faster, right? I'm connecting the HX straight to the amp.

I'm pretty shure there's something I'm not considering. Here's the video:

You're not changing snapshots in that video. You're changing between presets. It seems like you're misunderstanding the snapshot concept. You need to be in Snapshot Mode to change between them. To do that, hit the Bank Up and Bank Dn buttons at the same time. Then you'll see the 4 snapshots in the preset you're in. You can go in each one and set them up how like them. Then when you change between them, it will indeed be gapless and instantaneous.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tallikaz said:

Hi there!

I've made some snapshots from presets, but the weird thing is that there's a significative lag when I change between them (video attached). Am I missing anything? Even changing between presets the lag is less, and snapshots are supposed to be even faster, right? I'm connecting the HX straight to the amp.

I'm pretty shure there's something I'm not considering. Here's the video:

As others have said, those aren't snapshots... those are separate patches. Snapshots exist within an individual patch. That's what allows for gapless switching,  because you're not changing presets, only switching various amp, and/or FX parameters within one preset. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks, guys. It was a mix of faults on me. First I wasn't in Snapshot Mode and most important is that I hadn't updated the firmware from 2.41 version. Since I was able to updated to version 2.54, the gap between snapshots (and even between presets) is almost imperceptible.

Cheers!