Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Will we see a new firmware with any major update?

MarkJarvis

Interesting thread.  Starts out with the never-ending when-do-we-get-more to the its-to-hard but keep it coming.  It generated some good stuff.

Micah912 - Thanks for sharing, great stuff.  Cruison2 - awesome sounds and playing.

The style are different but they inspire me to play something different, or better, or just play.  So thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HonestOpinion said:

Respect! Great sounds and excellent chops! Would like to see these presets up on CustomTone.

Thank you, sir! 

My own experience with Customtone is...well let's just say it has left just about everything to be desired, lol. Almost nothing that I've downloaded had been even close to useable, and the descriptions vs. what you actually hear are so far off most of the time, that I don't even bother anymore.... just too many variables.  That's why I've never bothered to post any of my own, as I figure it'll be just about the same for somebody else one their end... but I'll try and throw those up shortly. Gonna be out of town for a couple of days though...

1 hour ago, prudenjim said:

Interesting thread.  Starts out with the never-ending when-do-we-get-more to the its-to-hard but keep it coming.  It generated some good stuff.

Micah912 - Thanks for sharing, great stuff.  Cruison2 - awesome sounds and playing.

The style are different but they inspire me to play something different, or better, or just play.  So thank you.

Cool... anything that gets you playing is a good thing. Thanks for the compliment!

1 hour ago, cruisinon2 said:

Thank you, sir! 

My own experience with Customtone is...well let's just say it has left just about everything to be desired, lol. Almost nothing that I've downloaded had been even close to useable, and the descriptions vs. what you actually hear are so far off most of the time, that I don't even bother anymore.... just too many variables.  That's why I've never bothered to post any of my own, as I figure it'll be just about the same for somebody else one their end... but I'll try and throw those up shortly. Gonna be out of town for a couple of days though...

I agree for the most part, but I've had requests for some of my songs, so I've added a few patches there. 

@MarkJarvis

Check out this one I created for a Cantrell/AIC-like tone. You can hear what it sounds like here (all stock cabs):

I never created a demo for it, but this patch I made for the Line 6 Epic amp model works really great for modern high-gain. Very well rated.

Mmm... I don`t mean to ruin all the fun with the audio samples posted... but...

Isn`t this thread supposed to be addressing the firmware update?

No guesses on the incoming effects? What happened to this loving crowd hoping for new distortions, phasers, feedbacker, and so forth?

Where the love gone?

• Downvote 1

Yeah it it is but its cool to hear how people are making helix work for them...

So I went back to the drawing board and started over with a different approach, before I tended to turn controls 'up'

like master and sag, bias but as I re approach  this I started with 'reducing' the master section including its parameters

and that seems to have smoothed things out a lot...not so harsh...

Will post a sample this weekend..

3 hours ago, plexiprs said:

So far nothing but Vaporware ........ (sigh)

Well, it's not really vaporware if it's in beta... I mean, I've been using/testing it for three weeks or so. It's going to be released soon.

One thing to remember is that they're releasing the update for the entire platform - the Helix, Rack, LT, HX Effects and Native - at the same time. So testing each SKU isn't a walk in the park.

23 hours ago, BAmartin said:

Mmm... I don`t mean to ruin all the fun with the audio samples posted... but...

Isn`t this thread supposed to be addressing the firmware update?

No guesses on the incoming effects? What happened to this loving crowd hoping for new distortions, phasers, feedbacker, and so forth?

Where the love gone?

I agree on the thread topic. As for the new effects: I personally have everything in the Helix that I want by now. I tried out all the amps, speakers and FX, I tested a few free IRs and I found the models and combinations that work for me. If I have to make a new preset/sound, I know where to start and which workflows to use. While I don't doubt there could be some new models in the coming update(s) that will immediately make their way into my patches and become absolutely essential, I don't miss anything at the moment, and I suspect a few other users might have similar thoughts.

9 hours ago, Rocco_Crocco said:

Quote from Frank R over on TGP, regarding the new firmware being released...

"Shooting for Monday. We were hoping to have it out weds but we found a couple critters that needed squashing"

Am I the only person who finds it "bizarre" that Line 6 personnel will share this information on sites like TGP but they won't share it within the forum they sponsor? This makes no sense (LOL!) :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/29/2018 at 2:36 PM, phil_m said:

Well, it's not really vaporware if it's in beta... I mean, I've been using/testing it for three weeks or so. It's going to be released soon.

One thing to remember is that they're releasing the update for the entire platform - the Helix, Rack, LT, HX Effects and Native - at the same time. So testing each SKU isn't a walk in the park.

Beta Testers are part of the Vaporware process. Its all a dream until its really out for everyone ......  Better check TGP for timely announcement, I guess ...... 

• Haha 1

On 6/28/2018 at 8:55 PM, cruisinon2 said:

I really don't think that tone sounds all that bad...but you're the one who has to spend time with it, lol. What don't you like about it?

Anyway, here's a couple of things...two very different styles, but all the guitars are Helix. Files were too big to dump in here directly, so I threw them up on soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/user-100603322/here-goes-nuthin-final-edit

https://soundcloud.com/user-100603322/this-really-needs-a-title

Really nice! I love hearing other peoples' stuff, regardless of skill level - and these are really great. Thanks for sharing these.

• Thanks 1