Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Floor as a foot controller for the Firehawk 1500

formercakid

It wasn’t made for it but they are both midi compliant: so, you should be able to. I have both products and I use them together. I was going to try and test it out but I have too busy to give it a shot. Should be able to hook up a midi cable and program the two devices. What do you want to accomplish?

Thx for your reply. Would like to be able to use Helix as a midi controller, also, setup presets in Helix to play through Firehawk 1500 and maybe have a combination of efects used from the Helix and the Firehawk.  I see that Chad Boston has a video incorporating the two but he seems to be using a lot of cabling which is a bit confusing.  There must be a simple solution which does not involve a bunch of cables.  I would settle for the Helix controlling the Firehawk and being able to play Helix presets through the Firehawk.

That is simple enough: I connect helix XLR outs into the Monitor ins on the Firehawk and one 1/4” out on the helix into the guitar in on the Firehawk 1500 and set a blank preset so that I only hear my helix presets. Sounds great! I believe what Chad was showing is how to run it Wet/Dry/Wet; which is cool, but I don’t run mine that way. I haven’t programmed the midi between the two units but should be pretty straight forward. Might take some trial and error but I am sure it is doable. 

On 6/27/2018 at 3:40 AM, zivdud said:

That is simple enough: I connect helix XLR outs into the Monitor ins on the Firehawk and one 1/4” out on the helix into the guitar in on the Firehawk 1500 and set a blank preset so that I only hear my helix presets. Sounds great! I believe what Chad was showing is how to run it Wet/Dry/Wet; which is cool, but I don’t run mine that way. I haven’t programmed the midi between the two units but should be pretty straight forward. Might take some trial and error but I am sure it is doable. 

Why do you use the XLR to Monitor ins and not just the guitar in if you're not going wet-dry-wet?

What's the advantage?

Sorry for the confusion. I just run my helix into the Firehawk 1500 in stereo not wet/dry/wet because I purchased a DT50 and a g70 and split the signal and sent one to the DT50’s guitar input and the other into my helix and than into my Firehawk 1500 and another line from my helix into the return of my effects loop of the DT50 and would experiment with songs of mine to see what sounded best. Some of my patches are very effects heavy and I end of losing my dry signal so I got the tube amp to bring that instead. 

I guess you can run the helix and Firehawk 1500 the other way too: dry signal: 1/4” from the helix into the guitar in and the XLR our into the input of the Firehawk 1500 and just make a patch in helix where you send your effects and your amp/speaker out of the 1/4” into the guitar in of the Firehawk and have another path (wet signal) with your all your after effects(delay/reverb) going out from the XLR into the the Firehawk 1500 monitor ins.