Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ways to Move through different Snapshots

tallikaz

Is there any way to move between snapshots? I mean directly through them. For example, in the snapshot mode I have 4 different ones (5A, 5B, 5C and 5D). Can I go up and down via stomps? I know I can get it using the big knob, what would be cool if there's a way to do it with my feet.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Yes. You can assign the Up/Down switches to move you sequentially through Banks, Presets, or Snapshots.

From the manual:
SHORTCUT: At any time, press and hold both FS1 and FS7 to cycle through BANK /, PRESET /, and SNAPSHOT /.

When you tap on Mode (most right, upper foot switch), you should get into the Snapshot Mode. Then can just tap on which Snap Shot directly. In Global Settings -> Footswitches, 2nd menu from left you can set up the default mode. Usually I got it on 8 Snapshots, you can also set a mix of stomp and snap shots assignments there.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Thomas

1 minute ago, tk78 said:

When you tap on Mode (most right, upper foot switch), you should get into the Snapshot Mode. Then can just tap on which Snap Shot directly. In Global Settings -> Footswitches, 2nd menu from left you can set up the default mode. Usually I got it on 8 Snapshots, you can also set a mix of stomp and snap shots assignments there.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Thomas

You actually don't get into Snapshot Mode by hitting the Mode footswitch. Hitting the Mode switch toggles between Stomp and Preset Mode. It's just in your case, you have Preset Mode set 8 Snapshots in the Global Settings menu (which is what I do to). To get into Snapshot Mode from Stomp or Preset Mode, you hit the Bank Up and Bank Down buttons together.

Not trying to be pedantic about it. Just trying to avoid confusion as how you access the different modes seems to be a source of confusion for quite a few people.

On 6/27/2018 at 8:18 AM, phil_m said:

You actually don't get into Snapshot Mode by hitting the Mode footswitch. Hitting the Mode switch toggles between Stomp and Preset Mode. It's just in your case, you have Preset Mode set 8 Snapshots in the Global Settings menu (which is what I do to). To get into Snapshot Mode from Stomp or Preset Mode, you hit the Bank Up and Bank Down buttons together. 

Not trying to be pedantic about it. Just trying to avoid confusion as how you access the different modes seems to be a source of confusion for quite a few people.

On 6/27/2018 at 9:40 AM, tallikaz said:

Thanks, but I'm afraid that's the way in the Helix model. Mine is the HX Effects :)

Page 25 of the HX Effects v2.50 Owner's manual....

Edited by rd2rk
Image removed to recover attachment allotment