Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Weird issue with HD500X sound cutting out while using looper (and Win10 driver issue)

Haxasaurus

About two weeks ago, I began to realize that when I would try to play a lead over a backing track with the built in looper, the looping backing track would cut out when I was playing leads.  I can kind of still hear the backing track but it get extremely quiet/goes away completely when the leads are louder.  The mixer has volumes set to max and high and low cut are turned all of the way down (like it's always been).  The problem seems to go away (or at least is less noticeable) when I am just using a clean patch instead of my hi-gain patches (Tube screamer -> Noise gate -> Amp).  

I had an idea to try to reinstall the latest firmware but when I try to connect it via USB, the connection is highly unstable.  It will show the pod being connected and disconnected every second or so and I am unable to install the firmware.  I reinstalled the latest drivers with a clean install (deleted all traces of line6 software and started from scratch), many attempts replugging the USB both ways, and restarting.  Occasionally my computer will give up and BSOD.  

Any ideas for combating these issues?

One thing to keep in mind is that if you choose to use the looper post to play with yourself, you generally will have to level the patches to the looper...Especially stereo patches. The reason is that the looper is mono. If you use it post, it will sum what you record and plays it back mono and the summation always loses a little level. With Dual tone patches and stereo stuff, the cancellation can make it a bit worse...The looper is just a utility looper that was mainly intended to help you tweak your tone (pre) and a novelty performance looper at best. While it is fun to jam over yourself with it, you have to get under how the volume of your patches are going to change when using it post. Good luck...

• 2 weeks later...