Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects Customtone downloads

Merlin5150

Hi,

Im new to the HX Effects and love it, however theres so much I need to learn.  I just uploaded a pre-set called "Early VH 1" .  Being new to this, theres probably something missing or could be moved around to make it better.  Any advice/ critiques would be appreciated...

The Flange is set to momentary and is set to go with the 'Unchained' riff.  The Phase is set to early VH and the ATBL delay( Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love) tries to get that same effect on the song.

Thanks for reading...

Hey Merlin,

Thanks for uploading a tone for the HX! I liked your settings just fine! They sounded great through my Marshall DSL40 with a tweak for 4cm.  I can't wait until the HX Edit catches up.  I think there will be tons more tone and setting sharing and I'm looking forward to see what others come up with.  

I am new to using the HX Effects Tones.  I just downloaded your tone to give it a try!  Thanks for sharing. I was a bit surprised at the small number of tones available for download...perhaps the release of the updated HX Edit will change that!  It threw me off a bit when I went to import.    When you choose File, Import Preset the file suffix is *.hlx, but the tones that are downloaded have a l6t suffix.  I chose to display "All Files (*.*)" and then chose the Tone file and all seemed to work well.  

Here's a screen capture of what your tone looks like in HX Edit now:

vh1 preset.png

I think one of the issues with Custom Tone and the HX rather than a full Helix  is that we are all using such different setups - different amps, no amps, other modellers, 4CM or not 4CM...

It's hard to put up a patch for "Song X" if, for example, one person uses it with a Hot Rod Deluxe into the front and someone else uses it with an Orange Rocker 32 and an FX loop.

• 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, marcll said:

cant we all just use a clean amp and set patches up so everyone can use them???

Well, everyone has a different definition of what a clean amp is... Beyond that, different guitars and pickups will react different with different amps, so one amp that sounds clean with one guitar might sound quite dirty with another one. These are just the kind of limitations we have to do with when it comes to sharing patches.

3 hours ago, marcll said:

cant we all just use a clean amp and set patches up so everyone can use them???

If we were all robots interested in mimicking each other, sure...but even then it would still fall apart in practice. There are far too many variables involved. When the HX (or any other piece of gear) is the only common denominator between two rigs, any hope of tonal continuity from one to the other instantly goes up in smoke. Don't waste your time with Custometone.... the only thing you can bet on safely is that what a patch sounded like to me, is not what it'll sound like to you.