Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Well, it’s finally happened!

hideout

It’s been so long since I’ve done any serious editing on the Helix that I’ve forgotten how to do some things. 

Like how to assign the rate of a modulation effect to the Tap Tempo footswitch!  lol

Ah well. I’ll figure it out.  

9 hours ago, jbuhajla said:

I guess that happens once you create your "perfect" preset and never have to edit anything ever. 

Not sure if you’re being facetious but “perfect”? Hmmm... I don’t know but I will say that the Helix has given me the best sounds (to me and for my tastes) I’ve ever gotten out of any modeler or amp. And before anyone gets their knickers in a twist from that last bit, my needs tend to always exceed what any amp can give me. I’ve always found amps to be extremely limiting. Thank the stars for modeling technology!!

• 2 weeks later...

Amps can be very limiting for most of us.  If you're in a cover band or P&W team you need LOTS of flexibility and lots of options and the Helix provides that.  If you're in a professional band playing your own songs then I can understand using a regular amp.  Professional bands have their own sound and rarely require more than two different amps for all their songs.  For the rest of us, though, we need more flexibility and options than that and amp modelers are the answer.