Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 30 broken after firmware update

pcho73

Hoping someone can assist on this. I tried updating the firmware on my Amplifi 30 the other day. It appeared to succeed but afterwards, the amp now emits a loud screeching hum which cannot be controlled by the volume, and with no instrument plugged in. Any controls on the app does not affect the sound. Scrolling the tone bank does not affect the sound. Nothing affects the sound - except when I plug in a headphone to cut the speaker output. But then it is in the headphone! 

Has this thing been bricked? Anyone else have this type of problem? Thanks in advance.

Pcho73

have not used mine for its intended use for quite some time after realizing that Yamaha/Line 6 are never going to support this device again with any kind of reasonable attention. I use it sometimes as a bluetooth speaker but, tbh my monitors sound better for music playback. I will attempt to fire up remote later today or tomorrow and post back. I have an lg g6 (android) and just updated to oreo.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar issue.  I haven't used my AmpliFI 30 for several weeks, and today when I went to play, it started emitting a loud, scratchy noise when I powered it on.  No dial or control would change it, nor did plugging/unplugging my guitar.  I moved it to another outlet to see if the noise was interference on the power line, but I still got the same noise.  It's loud, and it would appear no input will change it.  Help!?

sorry I didn't get back sooner. android lg g6 oreo works fine both for music playback and other remote associated functions, Strat into amp, bluetooth music from my pc works fine as well (if you consider crappy spotty connection "fine")  no squeeling or static, sorry I can't offer any help

• 2 years later...

This is probably a very late response after 3 years.  I own an Amplifi 30.  2 years ago, my amplifi had the similar problem.  I plugged the headphones that would stop the noise (although it would come to the headphones).  But then I chose to reflash the firmware (2.26.0, if I can still remember).  Guess what?  The problem was gone after reflashing! 

However, my amplifi is having another problem:  power button.  Every time when I press the button to switch it on, I could see the LED flash (supposed to be on) and it turns off!  I have to turn on, turn off, turn on, turn off.  After trying numerous times, it could eventually be on.  Not sure if it is due to power button issue or what.  Having local reseller to fix the amp is damn expensive...  :(