Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELP! Question about volume on a Spider Valve mkii 112

ShiHuangDi

I would really like to use this my Spider Valve 112 mkii with my band at our next gig instead of my Marshall.  Mainly for cover songs and what ever...   

How do I keep the Channel Volume the same for all the amp models OR set preset volume to where I want them?  The volume is all over the place with each amp model and each preset. 

The manual stated to pushed the "preset" knob in and set the AutoFX to disable.  This did not allow me to set the channel volume for each AMP MODEL.  Tried to edit a preset and save, but still huge volume difference between the presets if the amp models are different.  Channel A is on the clean amp model and B is on the Twang = Two totally different volumes.  In the editing mode it will not keep the channel volume set.  

My question is how do I set the Channel Volume at a similar level between Amp Models?  This is when playing I can switch from a clean tone to a crunch/lead tone while I am playing live and keep the volume where I set it.  

Thank you for any help.  I am going over the manual again to see if I missed something.

leveling patches is a fairly simple process...But it takes some time and persistence to get it exactly right...It's always and ongoing thing, but eventually you learn how to do it.

The first thing to remember is that the Master and Presence are NOT stored when you save a preset...So the first rule is that you find a patch to start with, set the Master about where it needs to go and DO NOT TOUCH THE MASTER VOLUME....As you go thru the patches, ADJUST ONLY THE CHANNEL VOLUME and store the patch...you will have to cycle thru your patches several times to check...eventually, you will get them leveled relative to each other...the presets are garbage in this regard.

I have the same issue. I go through and reprogram A, B, C, and D with the channel volume knob vertically centered. The volumes still largely vary. The distortion channels have more output than the clean. So than I have to do it again and again. And standing next to the amp to turn reprogram doesn't help...

So when I crank it up and it's mic'ed at a gig the variables in each channel volume become much more obvious. You almost need a decibal meter to get it right. I believe there's an Android app but I don't know if it's accurate.