Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.6 update. Why are their 3 different sized downloads?

jimbojamz

22 minutes ago, jimbojamz said:

I see there are 3 downloads that all say 2.6 - they are different sizes too.

Why?

TIA

Not any more, at least no for OSX.

Although earlier I thought there were 3 versions - Helix Floor, Rack and LT.

I download the floor version to my  HD to do a local install as I didn't want a failure through a server crash or dropped carrier.

I guess some one behind the scenes is tidying up after all the traffic they have had recently.

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but there are various flash files for the various hardware skus, and then there's the 2.6 version of HX Edit. All you need to actually download is the newest version of HX Edit. After that installs, run the Updater and that will download the flash file for you.

Come on folks, we should all know the drill by now! :-)

One for HX Edit for Windows, one for HX Edit for OSX and one for just the firmware. As mentioned earlier, the easiest path is installing the HX Edit update, then using the Updater to get the firmware update.

One is for Helix Edit and the firmware update gives 2 options.  One is for PC users and the other is for MAC users.  If you look at the very bottom of each thread it shows which platforms the downloads are for.