Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix/HX Effects Firmware Update Instructions - Please Read before posting a new thread!

phil_m

6 hours ago, Pearl76 said:

Hi Line6 Team,

when will you release the new manuals (HX Effects 2.60 Owners Manual and HX Edit Pilot's Guide)?

thank you

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Most folk on here are Line 6 users, not Line 6 employees, although the do very occasionally drop in.

With regard to the Owners Manual, the best person to answer that would be Digital Igloo (Eric). He is a Line 6 product Manager and usually does the final modifications to the manuals. If nothing really major has changed it may be a while before that becomes available.

Anyhow, as far as physically hooking up and operating Helix, nothing as changed, The bulk of recent additions has been the legacy fx, the HX reverbs and a couple of new amps. Luckily, if a comprehesive up to date list of of amps, cabs and fx, that are currently in the Helix, are what you need then you can find that information here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6pvbv1l0t0b5cf/Line6 Helix-Model Summary%2C 2%2C60-P1.0-01.pdf?dl=0

Many thanks to forum member “PerS” for compiling this huge summary of models available.

Note: If you post your question on the Helix page on Facebook, and/or The Gear Page, you may actually get a response from DI, or even Frank Ritchotte himself!

Hope this helps.

18 hours ago, datacommando said:

Hi,

Thanks for confirming my suspicions HO, that was the only thing I could think of that could cause that particular issue. It’s not something I have ever encountered personally, but remembered others having a similar problem, way back.

We all love Line 6 for supplying us with these very cool, and free, firmware upgrades, but every time they happen we have to go through all this craziness. If only people weren’t so eager to get to the new stuff, that they actually took their time and read the installation instructions carefully. Of course if they are not used to flashing software, they only have to find a teenager to do it for them - they could have it up and running in minutes.

Thanks again.

Scrolled up and saw that you had already posted the same recommendation. Sorry I missed it. Darn good advice in general if I do say so, grin :-)  Good luck to Jay1247 getting this resolved. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pearl76 said:

Hi Line6 Team,

when will you release the new manuals (HX Effects 2.60 Owners Manual and HX Edit Pilot's Guide)?

thank you

Andrea

New manuals for the hardware will only be released for major updates, so the next one won't be until the 3.0 update. As far as HX Edit, I'm not sure. Apart from aesthetic changes, there's not a lot of differences between 2.50 and 2.60. Of course, with the HX Effects, the signal path is more limited, compared to the Helix but everything else is basically the same: https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f0a3a5a7de7685fe6e/application/pdf/HX Edit Pilot's Guide - English .pdf

9 hours ago, phil_m said:

New manuals for the hardware will only be released for major updates, so the next one won't be until the 3.0 update. As far as HX Edit, I'm not sure. Apart from aesthetic changes, there's not a lot of differences between 2.50 and 2.60. Of course, with the HX Effects, the signal path is more limited, compared to the Helix but everything else is basically the same: https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f0a3a5a7de7685fe6e/application/pdf/HX Edit Pilot's Guide - English .pdf

Hi Phil,

thank you so much for your reply.

Just a reminder (cos I forgot between updates....!) that if you get repeated failures with applying the update then check you haven't got MIDI In (5 pin) connected.

Leaving a MIDI in connected stops the update dead - remove it - worked first time!

Maybe next time I will remember this myself....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, sb77 said:

Just a reminder (cos I forgot between updates....!) that if you get repeated failures with applying the update then check you haven't got MIDI In (5 pin) connected.

Leaving a MIDI in connected stops the update dead - remove it - worked first time!

Maybe next time I will remember this myself....

Hi sb77,

Thanks for that info, it’s definitely worth being aware of, and it’s a new one on me!

I was completely unaware that there was a possible problem on the MIDI IN port. I have Helix running MIDI via the USB to my soft synths, so I no longer really have to use the old MIDI DIN sockets to communicate with external modules. I have a rack full of vintage outboard gear (TX81Z, U110, D110, S950 etc.) that now sits in the corner gathering dust.

As for the notorious USB interrupts, which can occur during firmware updates, the current thinking on that is it is best practice to disconnect any other peripheral equipment during the process, avoid hubs and connect directly to the USB ports on the computer.

Thanks again for the information, it may be a help to other users.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

You use the Line 6 Updater program to update Helix firmware. Make sure you download the latest Updater program.

Actually you don't need to download the Helix firmware file (the hxf file you mention) at all. The Updater program will download and install it for you. But since you've already downloaded it you can save a few seconds of your life by using the Install from File option in Updater.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, p8guitar said:

Download of HX Edit 2.60 gives me a file called Helix_FLOOR_v2_60_0_bundle.hxf, about 3 MB.

this is not an .exe installer, what am I supposed to do with it? Cannot be opened by Windows 10.

Hi p8guitar,

The information given above by “silverhead” is correct, but as you appear to have inadvertently downloaded the wrong software for your PC, may I suggest that you do a completely fresh download from the Line 6 site.

Firstly, using your currently installed version of HX Edit - make a backup of the stuff from your Helix.

Now, from the Line 6 downloads page, you should select HX Edit under the All Software tab and then whatever version of Windows you are using from All OS on the dropdown menus. This will take you to the correct download page. This is the only thing you need to download

When you install HX Edit it will also install the latest Line6 Updater v1.14 and any other drivers etc., that you may need. After the new HX Edit software has been installed, reboot your computer. Doing a clean install should clear any glitches that were linking to any old versions of the software. 

When you’ve done this, ensure HX Edit is shutdown, then launch the new Line 6 Updater v1.14, click the about button to check the details. If all your connections are good the Updater should see your Helix. You can now proceed with the firmware upgrade, over your internet connection. Do not disconnect or turn off the power to your Helix during this process. When completed your Helix will reboot and rebuild the presets, then you are good to go, no hardware reset is required.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my notes for update procedure... a bit late now but here it is for anyone still yet to do the update

Step 1. Install New Hx Edit which also installs the new updater
https://uk.line6.com/software/

Step 2. Connect Helix to usb, open the new Hx Edit..
click on create back up, for full back up of setlists, presets, IRs and Global Settings...
Close Hx Edit...

For Helix Rack... turn off the Controller

Step 3. update to new Firmware - using the Line 6 Updater that came bundled with the New Editor download.
Once update has finished, Helix will restart automatically and it will Rebuild presets - Wait for it to finish Rebuilding...

For Helix Rack
Step 4. Update Controller
Once the rebuild in above step has finished - turn on Controller - asked to update controller - YES

Step 5 . SWITCH OFF the Helix unit.

If you want the new factory Presets....
Perform the following
1. Need to restore factory presets
2. Need to restore your saved presets from backup

1. Restore stock presets and setlists
Rack User - hold down ENC3 & 4 whilst turning power on / booting up to restore stock presets and setlists.
Message appears restoring stock presets and setlists...

For LT/Helix Floor - Holding footswitch 7+8 on boot restores presets and setlists.
Helix Effects - There is no option for restore stock presets and setlists??? Maybe - Perform factory restore (reset, Globals, IRs, and Presets)??

You Dont need a full factory reset as the settings are aready correct as they are?? Not sure about IR as i dont use them yet.
See following link for settings for your device, Floor-LT/Rack/Effects.
http://line6.com/sup...bleshootin-r768

2. Restore your own saved presets/setlists from the back up in step 2,
Restore your own saved presets/setlists only - Leave the Factory presets and Globals uncheked as the new Factory Presets are already now installed, and your original globals are already set up.
If you have created new Templates then tick/select templates to have them reinstalled, otherwise leave it unchecked...

Step 7. SWITCH OFF Helix and Turn back ON
Rebuilding of presets will commence.

(Optional - Step 8. Perform Full back up just to be future proofn or just back up the Factory presets to have copy including new factory presets.)

Hi all, 

I just purchased Helix LT. Very new to this field. I downloaded both HX Edit and Line 6 updater. When I open HX Edit, I can see Helix connect with my computer. However, when I tried to use Line 6 updater to update my unit, which has v.2.21 to latest version 2.6. My Helix doesn't appear in Line 6 updater.

My computer is Mac running Sierra version 10.12.6

Thank you very much in advance for your kind advise.

Best regards,

Grasoon

On 8/14/2018 at 4:56 AM, Grasoon said:

Hi all, 

I just purchased Helix LT. Very new to this field. I downloaded both HX Edit and Line 6 updater. When I open HX Edit, I can see Helix connect with my computer. However, when I tried to use Line 6 updater to update my unit, which has v.2.21 to latest version 2.6. My Helix doesn't appear in Line 6 updater.

My computer is Mac running Sierra version 10.12.6

Thank you very much in advance for your kind advise.

Best regards,

Grasoon

Hi Grasoon,

Try this. Firstly, before you attempt to launch the Line6 Updater v1.14 , and if necessary, use HX Edit to make a backup of everything on your Helix. When the backup is complete, ensure HX Edit is shutdown and not hogging the Helix USB link. Then launch the new Line 6 Updater v1.14, click the about button to check the details are correct. If all your connections are good the Updater should see your Helix. You can now proceed with the firmware upgrade, over your internet connection.

If the issue persists, after you have followed the above advice, then I would guess some sort of glitch has occurred. There could be a problem with the USB connection. It’s not uncommon for USB to be flakey from one moment to the next, so check or swap your cables. Another thing that has been mentioned recently is, if a MIDI cable is plugged into the DIN socket, then communication errors may occur. Not sure why, but it’s some sort of voodoo.

One thing I did notice in your post is, you mention that you downloaded both HX Edit and Line 6 update”. That gives me the impression that you downloaded those 2 items separately? If you did, then that maybe the cause of the problem. I would suggest that you should start over and, following the download instructions which I previously posted above, you should select HX Edit under the All Software tab and then the version of Mac OS X you are using from All OS on the dropdown menus. This will take you to the correct download page. This is the only thing you need to download. 

Hope this is some help and please let us know if it solves the problem.

• 1 month later...

I just purchased a Helix floor last week and have taken my time getting things ready for my first use.  I've been using an X3 Live for the last 11 years and have been please with it.  I'm hoping to have the same run with the Helix.

First, let me give a shout out to phil_m and datacommando for their great instructions on how to do the updates.  Great job guys!

I downloaded the whole gamut of files and then found that I only needed the HXEditv2.60Installer.exe which installs the Editor, Updater and driver.  That went without a hitch.  I then backed up my initial setup so I would have a pristine place to go back to in the event things came unhinged.  I can't stress enough to do this step before ANY kind of update.  I noted my firmware version was 2.30 from the factory.  After updating, I went in and told it to download and install the 2.60 firmware and then sat back and watched it do its thing.  It finished without a hitch.

I work in IT every day, so needless to say after reading some of the suggestions that phil_m and datacommando have given, I have to restate that before any install of a new software version it is best to uninstall the old version (after doing your backups!).  Once you uninstall, if you are running Windows (maybe Mac too), reboot the PC.  This will help make sure that anything in the registry or memory is cleaned up.  Also do a reboot after installing the new software (most important if you had an old version).

Thanks again to phil_m and datacommando for the great explanations, it made it a breeze to do the upgrade.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, SteveGordonNo1 said:

Hi

I have updated both Line 6 updater to 1.15 and installed 2.60.

I started to intermittently get the following message:-

Boot Failure

RES 28

DSP INIT

Now the unit powers up then locks and freezes.

It wont back up.

Line 6 HX Faulty 16-10-2018.pdfLine 6 HX Faulty 16-10-2018.pdf

16 October 2018.pdf

Hi Steve,

Edit: You stated Line 6 Updater 1.15? Surely that’s a typo and you meant Line6 Updater v1.14

If you have followed precisely the procedure given earlier in this thread, then I suggest the first recourse would be to do a Factory reset on the HXFX. You didn’t mention if you had tried this, if not follow these instructions and see if it fixes the problem.

HX Effects: Turn unit off and then turn back on. Hold Footswitch 6 and Tap throughout the boot process, until you see that your factory presets are loading. If you run into any trouble with a failed update or your unit will not boot up, try powering on while holding the right arrow ">" This will put the unit into update mode and you can re-install the latest firmware from there.

If this doesn’t solve the problem, it may be a little more serious, then you will need to raise a ticket with Line 6 and they will deal with it.

Furthermore, I thought I had recalled having seen this error being discussed elsewhere on this forum. I did a search and I found this thread which seems to match your issue, so it may be helpful to check it out. 

Hope this helps.

On 7/3/2018 at 5:01 PM, phil_m said:

1. Open up the existing version of HX Edit and create a backup of your device. It's probably a good idea to create backups of your individual setlists and IRs as a secondary backup. Close HX Edit.

2. Download and install HX Edit from the "Downloads" link above. THIS IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD!

3. Run Line 6 Updater and follow the prompts.

4. After the update is installed, you can open the new version of HX Edit that you installed earlier, and you're ready to rock. That's it. You don't need to perform any hardware resets.

phil.....when i tried to backup, it said timeout error (code 8212)...what can i do...?

thanks

image.png.6ae74c69adbde9837084da20b9ebf9a4.png

Edited by rudomat

2 hours ago, rudomat said:

phil.....when i tried to backup, it said timeout error (code 8212)...what can i do...?

thanks

image.png.6ae74c69adbde9837084da20b9ebf9a4.png

Hi rudomat,

There appears be a slight variation to the install routine with this firmware version (2.70)

When you run the Line 6 Updater there is a pre-update message which states:

1. Download and install the latest version of HX Edit

2. Open HX Edit and from the pull down menu, select "Create Backup..." Follow the 
prompts to create a full-state back upon your Helix (setlist, presets, IRs and Global Settings).

3. Using Line 6 Updater, update your Helix's firmware.

I don't know if this is the procedure you followed, but if not - give it a try.

Note: You must ensure that you close HX Edit v2.70 before launching the Updater software.
You will know you are running v2.70 HX Edit, because in the bottom left corner there is an additional new  button named "My Account"

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I've updated HX Edit to v2.70 HX Edit. I can see the "My Account" link/button on the lower left corner of the HX Edit window.

After I exit HX edit and run the updater (v1.15) I see the green ribbon with the v2.60 > Local Folder > update buttons in the updater window, but underneath I see "no updates available." I'm on a MacBook Pro (Mojave OS). USB cable connection is OK, tried different ports just in case, without a difference...I've also tried to turn off Helix, turn back on. I also removed and re-installed Line 6 Updater. Shouldn't the Helix LT show version 2.70 as well? Or is that just the HX Edit firmware updated (I guess not, because I'm not seeing the Tuner updates in the Helix LT). Thanks for the feedback!

2 hours ago, gdimeris said:

Hi all, I've updated HX Edit to v2.70 HX Edit. I can see the "My Account" link/button on the lower left corner of the HX Edit window.

After I exit HX edit and run the updater (v1.15) I see the green ribbon with the v2.60 > Local Folder > update buttons in the updater window, but underneath I see "no updates available." I'm on a MacBook Pro (Mojave OS). USB cable connection is OK, tried different ports just in case, without a difference...I've also tried to turn off Helix, turn back on. I also removed and re-installed Line 6 Updater. Shouldn't the Helix LT show version 2.70 as well? Or is that just the HX Edit firmware updated (I guess not, because I'm not seeing the Tuner updates in the Helix LT). Thanks for the feedback!

Hi gdimeris,

This may seem like a stupid question, but when you launch Line 6 Updater (v1.15), the first screen for the Updater Utility is the "Log In" page - Did you sign in? 

You must be connected to the internet and log in to your user account in order to download and install the v.2.70 firmware upgrade.

If you have previously downloaded the specific Firmware Installer Package and it is available in the downloads folder on your MBP, then you can do a local install. Simply navigate to the local installer.

If you have done the "sign in" and you're online to your user account you should see a black window with "Select device to update" in white letters, below this is dark green strip containing an icon of your Helix model (LT) and the current version number of the firmware it is using (2.60). When you click on that green panel it reveals a new black window containing in  the top left corner an icon and the Helix logotype beneath this is a pictogram of a microchip and the current version number of the firmware your unit has. Below this is the option to choose a local file (if you have previously downloaded it), then under that are the on-line options. Your choices should be (alongside a microchip pictogram) Version 2.70, Version 2.60, & Version 2.54, with "more" info about each one. If you are not connected and signed in the only option available from the final screen is to choose a local file. The rest of the black panel will contain this statement in white text - "Updates are not available in Offline Mode. You can choose a local file to update from. Oh, yeah, there is a "Back" button in the bottom left corner.

If you are seeing anything other than what I have described above, then I have no idea why you cannot update.

Damn this new forum and it's restrictions on file attachments - I could have done all this waffle in 3 screen grabs!

Hope this makes sense/helps

Thank you @datacommando, yes, I was signed in previously. All good now. I restarted my Mac today and the pictogram you mentioned was right there. Don't ask me why it was not there before ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  I'm good now, looks like the updater is...updating. Now, I'll try to see why Logic doesn't see the other download, the new mac driver in the audio preferences drop down. Thanks for the detailed response! I hear ya with the screen shots! 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, gdimeris said:

Thank you @datacommando, yes, I was signed in previously. All good now. I restarted my Mac today and the pictogram you mentioned was right there. Don't ask me why it was not there before ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  I'm good now, looks like the updater is...updating. Now, I'll try to see why Logic doesn't see the other download, the new mac driver in the audio preferences drop down. Thanks for the detailed response! I hear ya with the screen shots! 

Hi again,

Good to know that you are up and running with the new Line 6 software. You must have had some sort of glitch, and I’m not sure if that maybe down to the Mojave update, as I haven’t had time to check it out yet.

One thing to note, regarding the “new” Mac Driver, is I downloaded and installed that item yesterday and it did not make any difference to how Logic functioned. In LPX audio prefs the option to use Core Audio was already selected (ticked) and playback was exactly as before using Line 6 Helix selected for routing audio in and out. If the Core Audio is deselected then no sound is output from Logic! The Line 6 download page has the “new” driver dated October 24th 2018 and the one in my Extentions folder was dated a lot earlier. I didn’t even have to go through any of that security stuff during the install process. I can only think that because Logic is a an Apple product it has been programmed to use the OSX Core Audio!

It would be helpful to know how you get on with this.

EDIT: Just as I suspected. Turning off Core Audio in the Logic Preferences will disable the audio functionality. LPX doesn't support any other audio architecture.

Edited by datacommando
Updated info

EDIT: Just as I suspected. Turning off Core Audio in the Logic Preferences will disable the audio functionality. LPX doesn't support any other audio architecture.

I tried a couple of different methods to enable the new Mac audio driver to no avail. Also tried Audio Unit Validation reset in LPX without any success. I'm not gonna mess with terminal, but I'm coming to the same conclusion as @datacommando, in that I can't have LPX recognize any other audio source coming from Helix LT, besides Helix LT and built in audio.

33 minutes ago, gdimeris said:

I tried a couple of different methods to enable the new Mac audio driver to no avail. Also tried Audio Unit Validation reset in LPX without any success. I'm not gonna mess with terminal, but I'm coming to the same conclusion as @datacommando, in that I can't have LPX recognize any other audio source coming from Helix LT, besides Helix LT and built in audio.

Yep! That's just the way it is - Logic Pro X does not require a third party driver It uses Core Audio to access everything (it's been that way since they ditched using TMD devices long ago).

This is what Apple says:

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH24729?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

• Thanks 1

Phil, your instructions are still confusing to me who is a new comer to the Helix Rack. From your post it looks like all you have to do is download the new updater and that will do it. So I downloaded the new updater 2.70 and then I opened up my HX edit as you said. It still reads 2.60. You made it sound so simple but am I missing a step?

30 minutes ago, rwinking said:

Phil, your instructions are still confusing to me who is a new comer to the Helix Rack. From your post it looks like all you have to do is download the new updater and that will do it. So I downloaded the new updater 2.70 and then I opened up my HX edit as you said. It still reads 2.60. You made it sound so simple but am I missing a step?

Sounds like you may have downloaded the Updater but not downloaded the HX Edit 2.70 package. When you download and install HX Edit 2.70 it will unpack and install the latest editor (2.70), the Updater, and the driver. You will then need to use the Line6 Updater to update your firmware to 2.70 and then you can use your Helix with the latest editor(HX Edit 2.70). Remember if you have the Line6 Updater and HX Edit up at the same time one of them will not be able to properly see your Helix. Close one before you use the other.

I downloaded both. So now, every time i click on either of  the downloads it then wants to install them again. how do I just open either one?

Is there any way someone could do a step by step  way to do this. The one that is posted leaves a little to be desired for a newcomer. It kind of says all I needed to do is download HX edit which I did. I read on and in another post there is the implication that I need to download the newest updater, which I did. Now what?

Sorry to be such a pain, but there seems to be something missing?

6 hours ago, rwinking said:

I downloaded both. So now, every time i click on either of  the downloads it then wants to install them again. how do I just open either one?

Is there any way someone could do a step by step  way to do this. The one that is posted leaves a little to be desired for a newcomer. It kind of says all I needed to do is download HX edit which I did. I read on and in another post there is the implication that I need to download the newest updater, which I did. Now what?

Sorry to be such a pain, but there seems to be something missing?

Hi rwinking,

O.K. It seems that you may have gone down the wrong rabbit hole and managed to get lost - easily done! 

I would recommend you go back to the very beginning and start over. The best thing to do is delete your previous downloads - this should avoid any confusion as to which one to use.

When you are ready to commence - from your web browser, navigate to the Line 6 downloads page, then you should select HX Edit under the All Software tab and then whatever version of Mac/Windows you are using from All OS on the dropdown menus. This will take you to the correct download page for version 2.70 “The Marketplace Update FirmwareThis is the only thing you need to download.

When you download and install the new HX Edit package it will also install the latest Line6 Updater v1.15 and any other drivers etc., that you may need. After the new HX Edit software has been installed, reboot your computer. Doing a clean install should clear any glitches that were linking to any previous versions of the software you may have inadvertently installed.

When you’ve done this, you can use the new HXEdit v2.70 to make a complete backup of all the presets on your Rack unit. You will be able to tell that this is the latest Editor because in the lower left corner there is a new button labelled “My Account”. Next, shutdown HX Edit and ensure it is no longer running, this should avoid any USB conflict. Now you can launch the new Line 6 Updater v1.15, (you can click the about button to check the details if necessary). If all your USB connections are good the Updater should see your Helix Rack. Using the new Updater, you can now proceed with the firmware upgrade over your internet connection. Do not disconnect or turn off the power to your Helix during this process. When completed your Helix will reboot and rebuild the presets, then you are good to go, no hardware reset is required.

Hope this makes sense/helps.

Thanks Data Commando. I figured it out last night before I read this and what you said makes sense. Phil's error was in saying that the only thing you need to download is HXEdit, which would be true only if you have downloaded the new updater and then understood some other things about how this functions. It is really simple. If anyone needs a simplified method of doing this PM me.

I know as a guitarist who has done a fair share of teaching, I understand what Phil was doing. When I taught beginners (which I won't do anymore....) I somehow would assume that they had certain knowledge of guitar that I thought we all know. It was hard for me to simplify things for students that didn't understand things that were simple to me but complex for them, given their very limited knowledge of the guitar. I am really new to the Helix, after spending years perfecting my knowledge of Digitech stuff.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rwinking said:

Thanks Data Commando. I figured it out last night before I read this and what you said makes sense. Phil's error was in saying that the only thing you need to download is HXEdit, which would be true only if you have downloaded the new updater and then understood some other things about how this functions. It is really simple. If anyone needs a simplified method of doing this PM me.

I know as a guitarist who has done a fair share of teaching, I understand what Phil was doing. When I taught beginners (which I won't do anymore....) I somehow would assume that they had certain knowledge of guitar that I thought we all know. It was hard for me to simplify things for students that didn't understand things that were simple to me but complex for them, given their very limited knowledge of the guitar. I am really new to the Helix, after spending years perfecting my knowledge of Digitech stuff.

Hi,

Glad to know that you managed to get your Rack unit updated and as I stated in my reply it is easy to get caught out with this firmware installation thing.

To be fair to "phil_m", his initial post and creation of this thread was from way back in July and it was actually related to the previous version of the Helix firmware, v2.60

There have been several revisions, since the first release of the Helix, and even people who have been with it from the start can have occasional difficulties with updates.

Good luck with your new "learning curve".

• 2 weeks later...

Phil,

I've just arrived in Helix world yesterday via my purchase of HX-Stomp.  Tried Boss (GT-1000), but returned it the next day... there GUI needs some help.  Helix is 1000% more intuitive without reading the manual.  Unfortunately, I overwrote (by accident) a factory preset that i really liked.  Question:  How do I restore/recover the factory presets on the STOMP (v_2.70)?

On 11/15/2018 at 2:19 PM, fcon007 said:

Phil,

I've just arrived in Helix world yesterday via my purchase of HX-Stomp.  Tried Boss (GT-1000), but returned it the next day... there GUI needs some help.  Helix is 1000% more intuitive without reading the manual.  Unfortunately, I overwrote (by accident) a factory preset that i really liked.  Question:  How do I restore/recover the factory presets on the STOMP (v_2.70)?

Hi fcon007,

It looks like Phil has missed your shout for assistance, so in his absence and if you’re still stuck, here’s the procedure that you need. In fact there are a couple more options, should you ever need them: You need option 3.

Here ya go!

HX STOMP RESET PROCEDURE:
1.  Before Power "ON", Hold All 3 Footswitches clears all presets/IRs
2.  Before Power "ON", Hold FS1+2 resets presets and IRs
3.  Before Power "ON", Hold FS 2+3 does a factory restore (globals, presets, IRs)

On 11/5/2018 at 9:31 AM, rwinking said:

It’s still true that HX Edit really is the only thing you need to download. The HX Edit installlation package includes the latest version of HX Edit, Line 6 Updater and all the latest drivers. Even if you have Updater installed, the version you have will be replaced with the newest version.

The only thing that’s changed regarding the instructions is that now they say to use the newest version of HX Edit to make the backup before installing the update. You can actually do it either way - create a backup with the previous version of HX Edit or the new one.

• 3 weeks later...

HX Effects fail
Did everything according to instructions, but the installation of 2.71 failed and blocked the HX Effects completely. Tried everything including manual update and factory reset - nothing worked. The error code is " -14" or "-28" and "DSP init" The worst is that it happened the day I got it and nobody seems to able to change the unit - so now its in for repair on week 2....

Amazing service....

hx2.jpg

hx1.jpg