Jump to content
phil_m

Helix/HX Effects Firmware Update Instructions - Please Read before posting a new thread!

Recommended Posts

Well I thought that I'm crazy, I upgraded to version 2.7 like a month ago and I experienced the boot problem (not every time) but if I powered it off and on I could use it, now I upgraded to 2.71 with the thought that the problem will disappear but I have the same boot problem but now the HX effect doesn't let the sound through, if I make a reset holding tap and 6 on power on it works but if power it off the next time it's the same problem. This is so frustrating because I feel I would need to send HX stomp to service and I sold most of my pedals.

IMG_2939.JPG

IMG_2859.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, auratnik said:

Well I thought that I'm crazy, I upgraded to version 2.7 like a month ago and I experienced the boot problem (not every time) but if I powered it off and on I could use it, now I upgraded to 2.71 with the thought that the problem will disappear but I have the same boot problem but now the HX effect doesn't let the sound through, if I make a reset holding tap and 6 on power on it works but if power it off the next time it's the same problem. This is so frustrating because I feel I would need to send HX stomp to service and I sold most of my pedals.

IMG_2939.JPG

IMG_2859.JPG

 

 

Hi auratnik,

 

This is is a copy from a post I made earlier in this thread where someone else was having a similar problem, but I will repeat it here.

 

If you haven’t already tried, then may I suggest that you follow these instructions and see if it fixes the problem.

 

HX Effects: Turn unit off and then turn back on. Hold Footswitch 6 and Tap throughout the boot process, until you see that your factory presets are loading. If you run into any trouble with a failed update or your unit will not boot up, try powering on while holding the right arrow ">" This will put the unit into update mode and you can re-install the latest firmware from there.

 

If this doesn’t solve the problem, it may be a little more serious, then you will need to raise a ticket with Line 6 and they will deal with it.

 

Furthermore, I thought I had recalled having seen this error being discussed elsewhere on this forum. I did a search and I found this thread which seems to match your issue, so it may be helpful to check it out. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reinstalled the software today to version 2.60 but it fails every time, so  I went with 2.70 again and right now it works again as it should... I'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will admit up front that I'm a total newbie when it comes to the Helix. I would like to update the firmware so I could use HX edit, and I tried installing the lastest firmware update and it did not go so well. It tried loading the latest version and said it would reboot on its own. After a hour it was still a blank screen! After reading a bunch of these threads on here I was able to restore it and get it back to working but my firmware version is 1.06.5  Do I need to have a certain version of firmware installed before I can do the lastest firmware version? Also once the firmware has been sent to the Helix how long should it take to reboot? And once the firmware has been sent do I need to unplug my usb cable? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2019 at 9:41 PM, mracruz said:

I will admit up front that I'm a total newbie when it comes to the Helix. I would like to update the firmware so I could use HX edit, and I tried installing the lastest firmware update and it did not go so well. It tried loading the latest version and said it would reboot on its own. After a hour it was still a blank screen! After reading a bunch of these threads on here I was able to restore it and get it back to working but my firmware version is 1.06.5  Do I need to have a certain version of firmware installed before I can do the lastest firmware version? Also once the firmware has been sent to the Helix how long should it take to reboot? And once the firmware has been sent do I need to unplug my usb cable? 

 

Hi mracruz,

 

Newbie, or not, everyone has to start somewhere. The good news is that you do not need to begin installing any earlier versions of the Helix Firmware - just go ahead with the latest available. 

 

You didn’t mention what computer system you are using, but no matter, simply follow this procedure and all should be fine.

 

When you are ready to start the update - from your web browser, navigate to the Line 6 downloads page, then you should select HX Edit under the All Software tab and then whatever version of Mac/Windows you are using from All OS on the dropdown menus. This will take you to the correct download page for version 2.70 “The Marketplace Update Firmware. This is the only thing you need to download.

 

When you download and install the new HX Edit package it will also install the latest Line6 Updater v1.15 and any other drivers etc., that you may need. After the new HX Edit software has been installed, reboot your computer. Doing a clean install should clear any glitches that were linking to any previous versions of the software you may have inadvertently installed.

 

When you’ve done this, you can use the new HXEdit v2.70 to make a complete backup of all the presets on your Helix hardware. You will be able to tell that this is the latest Editor because in the lower left corner there is a new button labelled “My Account”. Next, shutdown HX Edit and ensure it is no longer running, this should avoid any USB conflict. Now you can launch the new Line 6 Updater v1.15, (you can click the about button to check the details if necessary). If all your USB connections are good the Updater should see your Helix hardware. Login using the new Updater, you can now proceed with the firmware upgrade over your internet connection. Do not disconnect or turn off the power to your Helix during this process. When completed your Helix will reboot and rebuild the presets, then you are good to go, no hardware reset is required.

 

Hope this makes sense/helps.

 

If not - here’s a video of a guy doing the update on v2.60 firmware to give you an idea of how easy it is.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya I did everything like the instructions said to. Had all the newest versions downloaded to my computer. I connected the Helix with the usb cable the updater recognized it. I did the update to 2.70 said the update was completed and it would reboot and start up again, it never did come back up I waited about a hour. After a hour it never came up and online again I shut it down and got it to load but it locks up after a few minutes of playing or editing. And alot of the amp and effect show the names but they can not be selected. Is this fixable? or do I have to contact Line 6 for tech support? 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mracruz said:

Ya I did everything like the instructions said to. Had all the newest versions downloaded to my computer. I connected the Helix with the usb cable the updater recognized it. I did the update to 2.70 said the update was completed and it would reboot and start up again, it never did come back up I waited about a hour. After a hour it never came up and online again I shut it down and got it to load but it locks up after a few minutes of playing or editing. And alot of the amp and effect show the names but they can not be selected. Is this fixable? or do I have to contact Line 6 for tech support? 

 

Hi again,

 

Well, what you are describing there is definitely not normal, but as the book says “Don’t Panic!”

 

First thing to try is to run though the various inbuilt reset functions of your Helix, which may clear the glitch.

There are several options, and so as not to have to type them all out here - here’s a link to use for reference:

 

https://helixhelp.com/reset-options/

 

One of these button combinations should blow the bugs out!

 

Failing that you will probably need to raise a ticket with tech support.

 

Sorry, but that’s all I can suggest at the moment. I hope the reset options manage to clear whatever is stuck.

 

Hope this is some help - good luck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i bought my line 6 hx effects last saturday then this night i try to open then update the hx effects then this happens it says boot failure: res = -33 does any one have this problem? ive updated to he 2.71 version.

58441310_801173946933063_8495662490804289536_n.jpg

58775404_365042997444462_5599592220937158656_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 2:15 PM, markesquillo said:

i bought my line 6 hx effects last saturday then this night i try to open then update the hx effects then this happens it says boot failure: res = -33 does any one have this problem? ive updated to he 2.71 version.

 

Hi,

 

Here’s a couple of things that you could try first, which may successfully reset your HX FX:

 

First, turn the power on while holding down Footswitch 6 and TAP - This should perform a factory restore, it will reset, Global, IRs and Presets.

 

After doing that reset procedure, if your HX still seems to be in an unrecoverable state, then turn on the power while holding down the right arrow key ‘>’. That should put the unit into a “fail safe” update mode.

 

IIRC, this error has previously appeared in earlier firmware updates on the Helix and it seems that the problem was caused by either a faulty USB cable and/or using one of the front USB ports on a PC. Solution - use a rear USB port with a good cable. Oh, yeah, never hook up via a USB hub!

 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, has anyone experiance with the Updater. First I start the Updater and then I sign in. After that I get the message "Select device to update", but unfortunately, there is no d evice listed. The rest of the window is black und there is nothing to choose from. My PC runs on Windows 7.

Line 6 Updater.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, charlylemberger said:

Hi, has anyone experiance with the Updater. First I start the Updater and then I sign in. After that I get the message "Select device to update", but unfortunately, there is no d evice listed. The rest of the window is black und there is nothing to choose from. My PC runs on Windows 7.

 

Hi,

 

This whole thread is packed with info from people who have experience with the Updater. Some are good experiences and some are bad.  :-)

 

Higher up in these posts there are detailed instructions on how to install the Firmware updates for the Helix. I know that I shouldn’t assume anything here, but I hope that you have read and followed those instructions before reaching this situation.

 

If you have done all the installation stages listed above, then your “screenshot” simply means that your computer is not able to communicate with your Helix. Once again, this thread is packed with comments about issues with USB connection and the Helix unit. Firstly, I would suggest that your check your USB connection. A point to bear in mind is Helix doesn’t like USB hubs and the advice is - do not use a hub to connect. Also, you mention that you are using a Windows PC, avoid connecting via the ports on the front of your computer - use the rear USB ports.  All this is due to some sort of voodoo that affects the USB. 

 

O.K. now, if you have followed all the instructions above and you are using a good cable into a good USB port, the Updater application should be able to connect to your Helix and if logged in to your Line 6 account you will be able to install the new firmware.

 

Oh, yeah! Make sure that you do NOT have the HX Edit application open at the same time as the Updater- this is a thing that can screw up USB communication  with your Helix. Best to close anything running in the background while performing the update.

 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just got the helix and did the firmware update and now its bricked as its not getting past the start up menu and all the letters are symbols. So Im assuming I could trawl through the 101k posts to try and spot a solution or I could hopefully find someone reading this with the possible solution...ive done all the hard resets with the pedal combinations and nothings changed, 

 

So any tips would be great as its a bank holiday so swapping it is not an option and id planned to programme it up for a gig in 2 weeks time, sadly if I don't get it done for this gig ill probably just end up binning it as the "buzz" of the new kit will wear off and ill go back to the trusty - albeit old - Boss....

 

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jonkmitchell said:

So just got the helix and did the firmware update and now its bricked as its not getting past the start up menu and all the letters are symbols. So Im assuming I could trawl through the 101k posts to try and spot a solution or I could hopefully find someone reading this with the possible solution...ive done all the hard resets with the pedal combinations and nothings changed, 

 

So any tips would be great as its a bank holiday so swapping it is not an option and id planned to programme it up for a gig in 2 weeks time, sadly if I don't get it done for this gig ill probably just end up binning it as the "buzz" of the new kit will wear off and ill go back to the trusty - albeit old - Boss....

 

Thanks in advance,

Jon

 

Hi, Jon,

 

Firstly, I have to say that your attitude comes across as rather odd, judging from the comment that you make. - “could trawl through the posts” etc. Well, it was you who came here seeking assistance and yet it seems that any possible solutions are being, not only overlooked, but ignored because you feel it’s all TLDR. I guess that you didn’t bother to read the last post I had made prior to yours. In that post I stated that many people have issues with updating the firmware and this thread contains lots of step by step instructions on how to approach fixing the problem. Sadly, it seems you cannot be bothered to research any further.

 

I can appreciate the fact that you are unhappy that your unit no longer functions as it should, but very rarely will it be FUBAR - more likely screwed up by user error. For anyone to be able to assist you with this it would be good if you took the time to help us, help you! We know you have a non functioning Helix, although you fail to say which particular model. Then it is really useful to know a few more things such as what version of the firmware you are moving from and up to, along with what computer and operating system you are using to do the update.

 

O.K. You have asked for any tips. As it is a bank holiday, I would suggest that you take the time to “trawl through the posts” and see what you come up with. Oh, yeah, because it’s bank holiday Monday - I don’t intend to type out a step by step guide once more. Seek and ye shall find.

 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

 

Good luck doing the gig with your Boss!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, been a Helix user from the beginning, but still on 1.06 and want to update it all after backing up my current patches and the like, but this comp (Win10) had a full reinstall so lost the original software that connected it to the system, but running into the problems with the "connection interrupted" thing.

 

I have realised I had download HX edit, and it says v2.70 or higher, so I am at a loss because I dont know if its the dodgy usb cable (tried another and it didnt work, but that may be dodgy too!), I need older software to do the backup (I keep seeing about the backign up with the older HX Edit thing!) or what. 

 

Thank you in advance

 

Ritchie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, RitchieM said:

Hi guys, been a Helix user from the beginning, but still on 1.06 and want to update it all after backing up my current patches and the like, but this comp (Win10) had a full reinstall so lost the original software that connected it to the system, but running into the problems with the "connection interrupted" thing.

 

I have realised I had download HX edit, and it says v2.70 or higher, so I am at a loss because I dont know if its the dodgy usb cable (tried another and it didnt work, but that may be dodgy too!), I need older software to do the backup (I keep seeing about the backign up with the older HX Edit thing!) or what. 

 

Thank you in advance

 

Ritchie

 

Hi Ritchie,

 

Normally I would tell anyone updating their firmware to just update to the latest version, as there shouldn’t be any issues. In your case, it appears that you have downloaded the new HX Edit software and you are unable to make a back up of your presets from your Helix which is still on v 1.06. This might be due to the fact that the editing software that was used with early firmware was the original Helix application. Don’t panic, because all the previous versions of the firmware are still available from Line 6 Free Software Download page.

 

The procedure for downloading the early (2016) firmware was slightly different to the “all in one” package available now. In order to get the stuff you need for your PC, from the download page you have to first select “Helix” from the “All Hardware” dropdown menu, then select “Flash Memory” from the “All Software” menu, then from under “All OS” you should select “Windows 10”. This will take you to the relevant page where you need to scroll right to the bottom to find your v.1.06.5 installer. According to the release notes you will need to use the Helix application v1.04 in order to backup your presets - you need to return to the “All Software” tab to select “HX Edit”, then repeat the “Widows 10” selection and Go will take you to the download section and you can find Helix Application 1.04 almost at the end of the page. You should then have what you had on your PC prior to reinstalling Windows 10 and theoretically you should be able to communicate with your Helix and make a backup of your patches. If this works correctly you will be able to proceed to update to the latest and greatest version of the firmware (well until 2.80 drops).

 

You also mentioned that you may be suffering from a “flakey” USB cable. This and using a hub are the most common reason for problems with updating the hardware. Simple solution - if you don’t trust the cable, replace it. Pop out to PC World or even Tesco and get a couple of new ones that you then know are O.K.

 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, thank you for getting back to me. 

 

After I made the post, I kind of engaged my brain a bit and remembered I could connect to the iPad, so tried and it worked, then remembered the instruction manual on the USB drive! I downloaded the Helix Application and installed, connected fine and I backed up the presets. I still wasn't 100% on the next step, so if I am reading right, I use the Line 6 Updater to update to the latest firmware, then install HX Edit and we are good to go???

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RitchieM said:

Hi, thank you for getting back to me. 

 

After I made the post, I kind of engaged my brain a bit and remembered I could connect to the iPad, so tried and it worked, then remembered the instruction manual on the USB drive! I downloaded the Helix Application and installed, connected fine and I backed up the presets. I still wasn't 100% on the next step, so if I am reading right, I use the Line 6 Updater to update to the latest firmware, then install HX Edit and we are good to go???

 

Hi again,

 

Sorry for the delay, but was in the studio and disconnected from the internet for a while.

 

O.K. You have managed to fix the initial problems and back up your custom presets, now you just need to do the update, which you can download as one complete package.

 

Back on the download page select HX Edit from the "All Software" menu then Windows 10 from the "All OS" tab, then press "GO". Now you only need to download the first item "HX Edit 2.71"

 

When it unpacks it will install the required drivers for your PC, a copy of HX Edit and the Line 6 Updater app. If you are happy that you have saved all the patches from your old set up, simply make sure that no other programs are running (especially any audio), hook up  to your Helix to the PC on a good USB connection launch the Updater app and it should detect the Helix and then you can install the latest update over the internet connection.

 

Away ya go - enjoy you new toy!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for the help. After nearly 3 years of using it week in week out, I was just a little nervous of losing things.

 

Really do appreciate you taking the time to assist.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you.

 

I just bought an HelixLT and spent all weekend trying to get it to work. I was attracted to the Placater DIrty demo i had seen but it wasnt on my system. After noodling around for hours i realized that i have Firmware Version 2.3. So i went to the download page and find there have been multiple updates since 2.3.

 

Question: Would i need to start at the bottom of the updates and load all "12" of them up through 2.71?

Question: Or should i just be uploading the latest? I tried to upload 2.71 and it looked like it was working, but it did not update the firmware on the LT unit.

Question: What are the exact steps to follow to update firmware?

 

Any help would be much appreciated. I am trying... but.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, StevehughesLT said:

Thank you.

 

I just bought an HelixLT and spent all weekend trying to get it to work. I was attracted to the Placater DIrty demo i had seen but it wasnt on my system. After noodling around for hours i realized that i have Firmware Version 2.3. So i went to the download page and find there have been multiple updates since 2.3.

 

Question: Would i need to start at the bottom of the updates and load all "12" of them up through 2.71?

Question: Or should i just be uploading the latest? I tried to upload 2.71 and it looked like it was working, but it did not update the firmware on the LT unit.

Question: What are the exact steps to follow to update firmware?

 

Any help would be much appreciated. I am trying... but.....

 

Just install the latest update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, StevehughesLT said:

Thank you.

 

I just bought an HelixLT and spent all weekend trying to get it to work. I was attracted to the Placater DIrty demo i had seen but it wasnt on my system. After noodling around for hours i realized that i have Firmware Version 2.3. So i went to the download page and find there have been multiple updates since 2.3.

 

Question: Would i need to start at the bottom of the updates and load all "12" of them up through 2.71?

Question: Or should i just be uploading the latest? I tried to upload 2.71 and it looked like it was working, but it did not update the firmware on the LT unit.

Question: What are the exact steps to follow to update firmware?

 

Any help would be much appreciated. I am trying... but.....

 

As far as the exact steps to follow while updating the firmware, they're in the first post in this thread. Basically, once you have the latest version of Line 6 Updater installed, you just connect your LT to your computer and follow the prompts. In what part of the process are you having problems?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if I'm being a bit of a donut here but I recently bought a Helix floor and it's current firmware is 2.30.0. If I understand correctly updating this to 2.71.0 will restore factory settings wipe the presets I've programmed? I just have a couple of questions:

 Is there a specific version of the  editing program that I need to download? (Is the latest editor compatible with an older firmware on the helix?)

If I download the latest version of the editor, will I be able to back up my presets before updating to the latest firmware?

 

Thanks in advance guys  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gregg1986 said:

Sorry if I'm being a bit of a donut here but I recently bought a Helix floor and it's current firmware is 2.30.0. If I understand correctly updating this to 2.71.0 will restore factory settings wipe the presets I've programmed? I just have a couple of questions:

 Is there a specific version of the  editing program that I need to download? (Is the latest editor compatible with an older firmware on the helix?)

If I download the latest version of the editor, will I be able to back up my presets before updating to the latest firmware?

 

Thanks in advance guys  

 

Hi Gregg1986,

 

Firstly, you really would be a donut if you tried to do the update without asking, then have to come back here for help after it screwed up!

 

O.K. You need to make a backup of any of your custom home brewed presets by using the version of HX Edit with the same version number as the firmware in the Helix. In this case v2.30.

 

You didn’t mention what computer system you are using, but no matter, simply follow this procedure and all should be fine.

 

When you are ready to start the update - from your web browser, navigate to the Line 6 downloads page, then you should select HX Edit under the All Software tab and then whatever version of Mac/Windows you are using from All OS on the dropdown menus. This will take you to the correct download page where you need to scroll down to find version 2.30. Install this and connect to your Helix via USB Cable and make your own backup of whatever you may need - don’t simply rely on a bundle backup, make safety copies of individual presets just in case.

 

Once you are happy that all is good, you will need to return to the Line 6 downloads page and repeat the previous procedure to take you to the HX Edit 2.71 Update for your computer system. This is the only thing you need to download.

 

When you download and install the new HX Edit package it will also install the latest Line6 Updater v1.15 and any other drivers etc., that you may need. After the new HX Edit software has been installed, reboot your computer. Doing a clean install should clear any glitches that were linking to any previous versions of the software you may have inadvertently installed.

 

When you’ve done this, you can use the new HXEdit v2.71 to make a complete backup of all the presets on your Helix hardware. You will be able to tell that this is the latest Editor because in the lower left corner there is a new button labelled “My Account”. Next, shutdown HX Edit and ensure it is no longer running, this should avoid any USB conflict. Now you can launch the new Line 6 Updater v1.15, (you can click the about button to check the details if necessary). If all your USB connections are good the Updater should see your Helix hardware. Login using the new Updater, you can now proceed with the firmware upgrade over your internet connection. Do not disconnect or turn off the power to your Helix during this process. When completed your Helix will reboot and rebuild the presets, then you are good to go, no hardware reset is required.

 

Hope this makes sense/helps. - I have copied and pasted this info from an earlier post in this thread.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2018 at 8:01 AM, phil_m said:

NOTE: Because of the size and complexity of the 2.8 update, the update instructions are slightly different. Please refer to this link:

 

1. Open up the existing version of HX Edit and create a backup of your device. It's probably a good idea to create backups of your individual setlists and IRs as a secondary backup. Close HX Edit.

2. Download and install HX Edit from the "Downloads" link above. THIS IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD!

3. Run Line 6 Updater and follow the prompts.

4. After the update is installed, you can open the new version of HX Edit that you installed earlier, and you're ready to rock. That's it. You don't need to perform any hardware resets.

 

Check list

 

1) Use hardwired Ethernet cable directly to laptop from my modem/switch ... CHECK

2) Backup Helix using current HX Edit version ... CHECK

3) Repeat step 2 since I am neurotic ... CHECK on both counts

4) Backup all setlists ... [refer to step 3 section concerning neurosis] ... neurotically CHECK

5) Backup several of my most regulated presets across my setlists ... CHECK yep, refer to neurotic

6) Backup all IRs and screen shot for a numerically correct list ... CHECK

7) Reset Helix to Factory ... CHECK - are you all seeing a pattern?

8) Download and install the latest HX Edit 2.80 ... CHECK

9) Reread Digital Igloo and Phil_M comments ... CHECK

10) Connect Helix floor and start process ... CHECK

11) Walk away ... if only ...

 

Well, now lets see what we see ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jpdennis said:

 

Check list

 

1) Use hardwired Ethernet cable directly to laptop from my modem/switch ... CHECK

2) Backup Helix using current HX Edit version ... CHECK

3) Repeat step 2 since I am neurotic ... CHECK on both counts

4) Backup all setlists ... [refer to step 3 section concerning neurosis] ... neurotically CHECK

5) Backup several of my most regulated presets across my setlists ... CHECK yep, refer to neurotic

6) Backup all IRs and screen shot for a numerically correct list ... CHECK

7) Reset Helix to Factory ... CHECK - are you all seeing a pattern?

8) Download and install the latest HX Edit 2.80 ... CHECK

9) Reread Digital Igloo and Phil_M comments ... CHECK

10) Connect Helix floor and start process ... CHECK

11) Walk away ... if only ...

 

Well, now lets see what we see ...

 

Well, I did not walk away.  Kind of a good thing.  For my upgrade there were a couple screens that said to click on OK even though it looked like the Helix was bricked.  So, I clicked OK and wow ... the Helix lives!  I almost didn't wait and follow the steps to click OK (almost).  Firmware is 2.80.0 ... CHECK

 

Now the rebuilding presets process begins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey... I am currently trying to backup my presets from Helix Edit 2.80 and keep getting the error "Operation failed due to DSP overload (code -8611).

 

Does anyone know what is going on? It gets to 38% every time then that error pops up. I am wondering if this is due to the new firmware or version of edit. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dandaponde said:

Hey... I am currently trying to backup my presets from Helix Edit 2.80 and keep getting the error "Operation failed due to DSP overload (code -8611).

 

Does anyone know what is going on? It gets to 38% every time then that error pops up. I am wondering if this is due to the new firmware or version of edit. Thanks!

Not sure.  If you read my post you will see the steps I took.  I read this as I was about to post my final steps.  Hopefully you completed a backup BEFORE you upgraded.  I do not believe you can backup your older version of presets using the new 2.80 HX Edit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final steps.  So I watched the presets get rebuilt.  Then I used the 9 10 combo to reset to factory again.  I only restored the IRs and Global settings using the all-in-one backup I created prior to upgrading the software to HX Edit 2.80.  Then I restored my presets using the all-in-one backup file as well (yep ... neurotic).  After I rebooted once I then shutdown and used the 10 11 combo to update to latest version.  Once I was satisfied I created a v2.80 backup.

 

NOW FOR THE FUN ... cheers!!

 

Just Plain Dennis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jpdennis said:

Not sure.  If you read my post you will see the steps I took.  I read this as I was about to post my final steps.  Hopefully you completed a backup BEFORE you upgraded.  I do not believe you can backup your older version of presets using the new 2.80 HX Edit.

I did before I upgraded but I’m OCD with backups and wanted to after I upgraded. Now I’m getting that error but if I export every preset one by one it’s fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2018 at 9:15 PM, sb77 said:

Just a reminder (cos I forgot between updates....!) that if you get repeated failures with applying the update then check you haven't got MIDI In (5 pin) connected.

Leaving a MIDI in connected stops the update dead - remove it - worked first time!

 

Maybe next time I will remember this myself....

Thanks for this, mine locked halfway. removing the midi connection and restarting the update worked a treat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've successfully updated Helix LT and HX Edit to 2.80, but HX Native is still on 1.70 (in Logic/Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5). I thought the updater automatically updates HX Native as well? I've backed up my setlists, and followed the import/export as well as restore factory settings instructions just to see if that would make a difference, but it did not. De-authorized and re-authorized my Mac, still, Native is stuck on 1.70. What am I missing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cinvala said:

Thanks for this, mine locked halfway. removing the midi connection and restarting the update worked a treat.

 

You're welcome - it's an odd one that I still can't figure out why it would stop an update but it happens. Glad I mentioned it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gdimeris said:

I've successfully updated Helix LT and HX Edit to 2.80, but HX Native is still on 1.70 (in Logic/Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5). I thought the updater automatically updates HX Native as well? I've backed up my setlists, and followed the import/export as well as restore factory settings instructions just to see if that would make a difference, but it did not. De-authorized and re-authorized my Mac, still, Native is stuck on 1.70. What am I missing?

 

Hi,

 

Helix Native v1.80 is a separate download.

 

Find it on the Line 6 Download page, under the “All Software” tab, just below HX Edit,  then select Mac OSX from below “All OS”, click “GO”.

 

Download, install and have fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×