Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Still can't switch presets with MIDI

vescogma

Is this ever coming to Helix Native? I'm working around this with DAW preset saving - but as soon as I make a change to one of my presets I have to re-save it in the DAW. Makes playing live with native difficult.

Please don't come here to tell me we should not be using this live - every other plugin I work with on my live setup has no issues with this, plus keyboardists have been doing this for ages.

I thought the 1.6 update would fix this :(

While I've got the floor on this issue (request?) I guess I might as well go through the proper channels and create this in ideascale:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Helix-Native-preset-MIDI-control/932654-23508

I'll also link another idea that I found that is very similar:
https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Helix-Native-MIDI/922994-23508#idea-tab-comments

It would be nice to extend any controllable aspect of Helix Native completely to MIDI for automation. We're almost there, the latest update got us closer.

I'm bummed as well.  I currently have a couple instances of HN open on different channels in Ableton. Then use Automation to turn one off and the other on to use different patches. 

I'm also still not 100% sure I can map an external volume pedal to Helix Native,