Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

When can we expect the 2.7 update?????

PiFromBRC

-C'mon L6!  It's been hours!  What about supporting FA and Kemper files? Will it support Bluetooth?  Can it be voice-activated?  Will it make my whites whiter?  Will it be backward compatible with XBox 360?

(I'm sorry, Bob.  My doctor says it's caffeine)

• Haha 3

I`m already expecting the next firmware considering 2.6 was just a minor update which left me with a tasteless mouthful... 

I know there are high gain amps and polyphonic pitch shifting on their way... but I think there are still some things which are still lacking and can`t be left aside like a decent phaser and a feedbacker. I`m not complaining because DI was kind enough to give this information beforehand.In my humble opinion, this update was not as a big dissapointment as the 2.30

Greetings to you guys and keep rocking. 

55 minutes ago, daysailor said:

I feel like a bit of a moron having never updated from an earlier version.  Can I update to 2.6 without having to make the intermediate update to 2.5?

You should be able to.  Just make sure you back up your IR's, bundles, setlists, presets, etc. and follow the instructions on L6T's pinned post.

2 hours ago, BAmartin said:

I`m already expecting the next firmware considering 2.6 was just a minor update which left me with a tasteless mouthful... 

I know there are high gain amps and polyphonic pitch shifting on their way... but I think there are still some things which are still lacking and can`t be left aside like a decent phaser and a feedbacker. I`m not complaining because DI was kind enough to give this information beforehand.In my humble opinion, this update was not as a big dissapointment as the 2.30

Greetings to you guys and keep rocking. 

I'm not sure what's wrong with the two discreet HX phasers and two discreet legacy phasers as I never use that effect, but I hardly think four options is "lacking" in the phase department. I mean, as far as I know, the Axe-FX III has two phaser blocks to choose from?! Maybe you just want them expose more parameters?

Meanwhile...a feedbacker? Definitely a cool effect, but hardly an "essential", wouldn't you say? Plenty of people have asked for the Digitech FreQout to be modeled, but maybe they'll just throw a BOSS FB-2 in there and call it a day?

24 minutes ago, mikah912 said:

I'm not sure what's wrong with the two discreet HX phasers and two discreet legacy phasers as I never use that effect, but I hardly think four options is "lacking" in the phase department. I mean, as far as I know, the Axe-FX III has two phaser blocks to choose from?! Maybe you just want them expose more parameters?

Meanwhile...a feedbacker? Definitely a cool effect, but hardly an "essential", wouldn't you say? Plenty of people have asked for the Digitech FreQout to be modeled, but maybe they'll just throw a BOSS FB-2 in there and call it a day?

There are actually five Legacy phasers, along with the two HX phasers.

I would like the helix to have tone matching and effect matching that syncs with what I would be currently hearing in my head.

Could we also include a fold out amp cabinet that can be triggered via my key fab?

• Haha 2

Ok... I believe is a matter of personal taste... There are many phasers since the Legacy effects were added... But IMO they don't sound HX at all... The Deluxe Phaser has a very weird wee-wee noise which I find unacceptable for a U$S 1500 product... and the Legacy Phaser lacks depth and high frequencies. I always find myself adding the 70s Chorus, the Kinky Boost and the Gray Flanger to get psychedelic enough. I do prefer how my Boss PH-3 sounds a lot better, all the way (please don't start bashing me). Maybe the PH-3 isn't a true phaser pedal and should be renamed the Psychedelic Trippy Pedal...

Regardless, I still think that the High Gain Amps are being neglected but I know DI slipped something about an "EVH" which brings me hope. This update was pretty minor, indeed. Can't blame him for that. I already had an argument with an old wanker saying that Helix didn't need any more updates and that he was sick of reading metalheads complaints.

Greetings to all of you and thanks for your reply.

Great to see Line6 take a breather on adding features and to instead work on bug fixes that make the HX line more reliable and resolve some long standing issues. Time well spent! Here's to hoping their fixes took and relatively few new bugs, or better yet, none, were created. They still managed to get some nice adds into the update - a few new amp and effect models, editor for HX Effects, MIDI support for Native, etc..

Like everyone else I am looking forward to firmware 3.0 as well with whatever features that brings (improved tuner, polyphonic effects, some more HX reverbs?).

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, PiFromBRC said:

-C'mon L6!  It's been hours!  What about supporting FA and Kemper files? Will it support Bluetooth?  Can it be voice-activated?  Will it make my whites whiter?  Will it be backward compatible with XBox 360?

You've forgotten the coffee machine controller ! :)

22 hours ago, PiFromBRC said:

It comes in convertible, compact, hybrid, and perpetual motion as well.  Plus it will have the older game asteroids for those who need something to do during intermission and the release of 3.0

Okay.... if I were a developer for line 6.... yes. There would be an option to play block out, asteroid, that snake one.... anything you could program into a graphing calculator. 

And that's why I'd probably get fired. 

Hey line 6, you hiring? I've got a few things I'd like to work on. ;)

• Haha 1

I made a usable feedbacker to the point where I dont use my FreqOut at all. But it takes a lot of blocks ( Split A/B->Logarithmic vol->Pitch +12->VTron->10Band EQ->Red Comp->Chamber Rev). The Expression pedal linked to the A/B and Log Volume. 

On 7/4/2018 at 5:16 PM, planebreaker said:

What about power amp only block el34,el84 etc.. for us to use our own preamps  , like Atomics amplifier has. Seems simple. 

Just add an AA to it!  That's what I've got :)  HX for effects, AA for amps.  Heaven.

On 7/5/2018 at 12:20 PM, TLF2007 said:

I made a usable feedbacker to the point where I dont use my FreqOut at all. But it takes a lot of blocks ( Split A/B->Logarithmic vol->Pitch +12->VTron->10Band EQ->Red Comp->Chamber Rev). The Expression pedal linked to the A/B and Log Volume. 

I've been experimenting with using a whammy mix parameter within some more complex builds.  Can you upload your patch to CustomTone? I'd be interested in trying it out.

On 7/5/2018 at 12:20 PM, TLF2007 said:

NVM.  I found it on CT.  NU Feedback, right?

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, rocknrollguitarz said:

how about a better job on amp sounds and more gain.the old line 6 hd head puts these amp sounds to shame..cmon line 6 really.this helix is pricy how about giving something back here...drive pedals are very week as well...why cant you have sounds that compare well with fractal...you have the tech guys..get your act together and please fix this in the next update.we paid alot cash for these helix units!

1/10. Troll harder.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, rocknrollguitarz said:

how about a better job on amp sounds and more gain.the old line 6 hd head puts these amp sounds to shame..cmon line 6 really.this helix is pricy how about giving something back here...drive pedals are very week as well...why cant you have sounds that compare well with fractal...you have the tech guys..get your act together and please fix this in the next update.we paid alot cash for these helix units!

This guy didn't know there was a protective film on the Helix screen and thought he had a big scratch on it when it was just a torn protective film. It's essentially the last three posts.

i have a scratch over one of the scribble screens looks like plastic lifted up ect small bubble anything i can do about it?dosent effect the lde readout ect.just whatever is on the top covering of that scrible screen.u can scratch it with a fingernail dont take much

https://line6.com/support/topic/16981-screen-protector/

Doesn't fill me with confidence about his observational skills. Not that this would apply to his ears. He could very easily just not see very well. Or maybe he just listened to the factory presets. Just sayin'.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rocknrollguitarz said:

Speaking of Fractal and drives, from what I’ve read, there seems to be near universal agreement, even among Fractal fans, that the drives and fuzzes in the Helix are better than Fractal’s comparable offerings...

20 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Speaking of Fractal and drives, from what I’ve read, there seems to be near universal agreement, even among Fractal fans, that the drives and fuzzes in the Helix are better than Fractal’s comparable offerings...

And we're off!!!!!  

Fractal was looking good out of the gate... but wait, it's Helix by a nose at the first turn!!!

This broadcast will be repeated at 18:00 hours on the Armed Forces Radio Network...;)

3 hours ago, phil_m said:

they are!!!! though i´m missing some...

A spectrum analyser that runs a progressive fletcher munson algorithm that works in conjunction with a measurement mic that can pick up any deviations, when we're "in the zone," to automatically apply proper frequency curves to help us 'cut' through the mix and sweeten the tone to...... eleven. 

15 hours ago, jmp22684 said:

A spectrum analyser that runs a progressive fletcher munson algorithm that works in conjunction with a measurement mic that can pick up any deviations, when we're "in the zone," to automatically apply proper frequency curves to help us 'cut' through the mix and sweeten the tone to...... eleven. 

lol... Ah yes, the much sought after "instant effortless awesome" setting. Never touch the "save" button again!!!

Can't wait.... though I suspect I will be. And waiting, and waiting, and waiting...;)

Back to the ground ...

I suspect we will get expanded MIDI and other control functions (e.g., generalizing the multi-button looper to control an external looper (and not record a loop at all), or control lights, ...) or something similar to reach more Pro users. Making a single button looper available was just the first step into that direction.

Maybe a signal level indicator (effect?) place-able in the path

Probably also a small (1-3) number of Amp and effect models.

... and fixes.

Polyphonic effects seems like a NAAM ticket / teaser item, thus maybe in 2.8 in Jan/Feb 2019 time frame

Just praying the issue with sending midi messages with footswitches in snapshots gets fixed!!!

The instant messaging works fine, but I can pick only one external pedal to Control with the footswitches. If I have one footswitch set to turn a pedal on and off, and on another footswitch set to change that pedals mix parameter everything is cool. However if I set a third switch to turn on off another pedal things get very glitchy and have to destroy the preset and start over programming the snapshots... So yeah, fixing the midi thang is #1 for me!