Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can the aux in bypass the effects and be used as a pass thru signal?

HelixMan

On vacation with the family at a resort and brought the Helix (of course).  Brought a drum machine to jam with figuring I'll plug it into the aux in and mix it with the guitar.  What I didn't realize is it goes through the effects chain same as the guitar input.  

I can't find a function to bypass the aux it direct to the output.  Any ideas how I can get a dry signal thru the Helix - not effected by the effects chain?

Thanks!

I haven't used the FX loops yet but couldn't you just put an FX loop (you'd have to make the drum machine mono) at the end of your chain, plug the drum machine's mono out into the FX return and use the Mix parameter to balance the levels between the drum machine and Helix?

Thanks - adding a signal path with aux as input worked.  I had to make sure the signal path of effects for my guitar input was set to guitar and not multi as well.  I did add a compressor block to the drum machine path to pump 'em up a bit.  

I thought of using a loop return but have not tried it yet.  That would be a better universal solution than editing every preset I want to use.

Next time I need to bring a slpitter cable on vacation!

15 hours ago, HelixMan said:

Thanks - adding a signal path with aux as input worked.  I had to make sure the signal path of effects for my guitar input was set to guitar and not multi as well.  I did add a compressor block to the drum machine path to pump 'em up a bit.  

I thought of using a loop return but have not tried it yet.  That would be a better universal solution than editing every preset I want to use.

Next time I need to bring a slpitter cable on vacation!

Loop return will work as well. You can assign one of the returns as the input of the signal chain, just like you assigned Aux. Either way will work.