Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help Please: I cannot reset POD XT to factory settings

I have a POD xt that has the "Invalid Code Error 01" message. I want to reset to factory settings. However, I am encountering a few problems:

1) Monkey thinks the latest version of it is 1.77 but when I download the latest file (clicking the 1.77 link) guess what I get... the 1.75.... WTF?

2) I cannot download the factory preset bundle to try to reload it using this link because the webmaster or someone has not kept up the maintenance... link: https://line6.com/customtone/help/factorypresets.html

How exactly should one go about this process without the right tools? Any suggestions? Is there someone from Line 6 in this forum that can be of help?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

First make sure you are using the newest version of Monkey for your OS.

Then install the latest driver, if Monkey has a problem seeing the PODxt then run the driver installer outside of Monkey.

Assuming you get the current driver to install then flash the PODxt to the current FW which is 3.01.

I can't remeber what the cutoff is, but you may need to update the FW past 1.x via the MIDI port with a MIDI to USB cable. 

6 minutes ago, Triryche said:

First make sure you are using the newest version of Monkey for your OS.

Then install the latest driver, if Monkey has a problem seeing the PODxt then run the driver installer outside of Monkey.

Assuming you get the current driver to install then flash the PODxt to the current FW which is 3.01.

I can't remeber what the cutoff is, but you may need to update the FW past 1.x via the MIDI port with a MIDI to USB cable. 

Triryche, thank you for responding. 

I have tried your instructions, but no luck. 

I am connecting via MIDI like this:

MacBook Pro --> Digi 003 Console MIDI In/Out --> PODxt In/Out

Would this be a problem, since I am going through the 003 and not directly to the POD? Is it worth buying a USB-MIDI cable to try that instead? They are $10... worth it?

Any other approach or hard reset that may work?

I tried in a Windows 10 computer. I tried with a USB cable and received the following error the first time:

PODxt update failed. 

HTTP 502 - Bad gateway. 

Try the update again, making sure the cables are still connected. 

The second time it stayed in an endless loop "Updating USB Firmware: Connecting to Line 6 Server..."

USB firmware is 1.00, trying to update to 1.12. 

Flash Memory is displayed as "-" (not recognized or not applicable?)

Is getting the MIDI to USB cable a sure solution? 

OK, update. Somewhat good news. 

Good: 

- the POD is not a brick, I got it to install the latest FW 3.01 using the USB-MIDI MIO cable. 

Bad (unresolve items):

- the driver still shows "-", need to know how to install outside Monkey 4.2.7.6

- now that the optional add-ons are no longer managed in Monkey, I'm not sure how to load all the packs I had bought before (bass, collector classics, FX junkie)

2) the reason is probably because Monkey says there are no drivers installed (7.6.7 in my Mac or the respective one in the PC). How do I force install the drivers? I have tried several times, and reset the macbook/PC to get the drivers to stick and no luck. 

FYI - I am running 10.12.6 in Mac, but I have a Windows machine. What are the steps to manually install the PC drivers to make sure this works?