Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Im done!!

cgar18

I think I found my amp,wow something about that clean friedman that makes this unit freaking incredible.I mean for 1000 I now get this great clean amp.I freaking appreciate the value and what i get with the helix I would have spent over 2000  just getting the right equipment for the sound i want and one patch covers it all,and i have many other options.That last update imo was really good.I want to thank this guy for sharing his videos,he has helped me alot in getting a sound I want and I use his templates for all of my patches.https://www.facebook.com/jasonsaditesmusic/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coachz said:

Where do you dl his templates?

custom tones has some of his settings basically just minus the amps and you have his templates.its gain split compressor eq reverb at the end of chain. or watch an earlier video of his and he explains it. this is where he used the slit method and basically he uses the same template with a few chafes look at his vids.

• Thanks 1

Jason's video's are excellent and creating a "template" is a great idea and a time saver....but you should build it yourself rather than download it so you can see how each effect works.  His settings sound great with his guitars....but, unless your're using the same guitar with the exact same pickups his template won't sound like you want it to.  It's a great starting point but if you want to build great sounds create your own templates using your own guitars and learn how each effect works.  This is just my two cents worth.    

3 minutes ago, RD1967 said:

Jason's video's are excellent and creating a "template" is a great idea and a time saver....but you should build it yourself rather than download it so you can see how each effect works.  His settings sound great with his guitars....but, unless your're using the same guitar with the exact same pickups his template won't sound like you want it to.  It's a great starting point but if you want to build great sounds create your own templates using your own guitars and learn how each effect works.  This is just my two cents worth.    

that totally makes sense. You can look at a template and see what interesting things the guitar player is doing but then you have to look at your guitar your pickups and the sound you really trying to achieve and use all that information to get it. Then they have some cool way of splitting channels to get a certain effect and you can certainly learn from all this cool stuff. There's a lot of great Helix info out there to help a person really Master this device and customize it to be their own. Won't somebody buy me one? Hahaha