Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.60 Update reveb Adustment questions

JerryWawak

Is there a uniform/linear adjustment that can be made to the mix and or decay that would bring them back to what they were before.  in other words, do I decrease the mix by 50% of what it was or drop the decay by 20%?   I know I can do it with my ears, but if there were a number to get me close it would make it much easier.

Luckily I just bought my HELIX a couple weeks ago, so I don't have hundreds of patches to adjust.

P.S.

For the most part, my update went without too many hick ups.  A couple of patches required me to re-upload them from the computer because they were not responding correctly.  One patch in particular somehow got the amp deleted.  I had uploaded it the night before and was messing with it, but after the update I noticed there was no amp.  When I went to re-install it, it still had no amp.  I have no clue how this would happen.

I was also wondering about this same thing. I guess just using your ears would be the thing to do. For at least the searchlights reverb, I've found that simply adjusting the mix from 50% to 35% (the other settings at default) resulted in about the same before and after, so maybe the rest of the new reverbs are something similar.

For the disappearing amp, I would make sure you're using the latest version of HX Edit, which at the moment is 2.60.

I’ve spent a little time adjusting my presets. To my ears, cutting the reverb’s mix parameter to somewhere between 50% and 75% of its previous value seems to do the trick. No noticeable glitches with the update so far...