Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Button lights

jud1433

Well ive been using my helix for a while now and love it with out any issues....until my last gig.

I use it in snapshot mode utilizing instances to change amp channels and drive options but my problem is that all the top row of button lights have gone from dim/bright to off and only light up when pressed?...global settings are still dim/bright and they work normally in stomp mode?...any ideas why when it was fine b4?...ive just updated to version 2.60 hoping it may have been a bug in 2.50 but still the same....any ideas would be much appreciated...thanks in advance...

4 hours ago, jud1433 said:

Well ive been using my helix for a while now and love it with out any issues....until my last gig.

I use it in snapshot mode utilizing instances to change amp channels and drive options but my problem is that all the top row of button lights have gone from dim/bright to off and only light up when pressed?...global settings are still dim/bright and they work normally in stomp mode?...any ideas why when it was fine b4?...ive just updated to version 2.60 hoping it may have been a bug in 2.50 but still the same....any ideas would be much appreciated...thanks in advance...

You should open a support ticket. Perhaps you found a bug. 

On 7/6/2018 at 3:30 AM, jud1433 said:

I am on the 2.6 firmware as well and the "Dim/Bright" option is working properly as it has in the past. You may want to try a proper backup and global reset or just reapplying the firmware, maybe both. If that doesn't work I would open a support ticket as you may have a hardware or firmware issue Line6 can help with.

1 hour ago, HonestOpinion said:

I am on the 2.6 firmware as well and the "Dim/Bright" option is working properly as it has in the past. You may want to try a proper backup and global reset or just reapplying the firmware, maybe both. If that doesn't work I would open a support ticket as you may have a hardware or firmware issue Line6 can help with.

thanks H O...this started when using version 2.50....was ok for ages then problem just appeared and stayed when i upgraded to v 2.60...im going to do a reset and see if it cures it then if not ill do a support ticket...ill keep posted thanks.

ok guys so heres the thing...i did a back up and a reset then reloaded my preset...and it was exactly the same howerver i have fixed it...turned out if the light colour was set to auto then it would only work on/off on certain buttons?...if i select the colour manualy then everything works as should do...dim/bright so all good again...still stumped as to why it does that tho. thanx for your input people its appreciated...do you think i should still open a ticket?....

Not that it should make any difference on the Helix itself unless you restored backups since upgrading to the 2.6 firmware wit an older version of the editor but just wanted to confirm that you upgraded to the 2.6 version of HX Edit as well as upgrading the firmware. It does sound like you may want to open up a ticket if this persists.

Does it happen on newly created presets or only older ones? Also curious, does this only happen on stomp assignments, snapshots, or both? There is that new feature in HX Edit 2.6 that allows snapshot color selection (which does include an "Off" option) by right clicking the snapshot name. There is also an "Off" option for stomp assignment. I wonder if you were running an older version of HX Edit if it might not default to "Off" sometimes for a snapshot or stomp assignment on a preset that was created prior to the 2.6 upgrade. It might be informative to check the LED color assignment in the editor for snapshots or stomps when you see this issue pop up and see if the editor setting for the LED ring is set to "Off" like the footswitch. As stated though maybe you found a bug where "Auto Color" is not translating properly from all of the presets from a prior version of the firmware.

Hi H.o....i download the latest hx edit and the update so all latest downloads then did a back up and a reset then re installed new firmware...all went as should but the problem is only evident with snapshots...stomp mode unaffected...i have opened a ticket ...dont know if it makes any difference but i do my programming straight at the helix not via pc...obviously use pc for back ups or importing/exporting ect....the presets on which it happens were made with v2.60....when i was running v2.5 it was all ok so im thinking its something with v2.60...

13 hours ago, jud1433 said:

Hi H.o....i download the latest hx edit and the update so all latest downloads then did a back up and a reset then re installed new firmware...all went as should but the problem is only evident with snapshots...stomp mode unaffected...i have opened a ticket ...dont know if it makes any difference but i do my programming straight at the helix not via pc...obviously use pc for back ups or importing/exporting ect....the presets on which it happens were made with v2.60....when i was running v2.5 it was all ok so im thinking its something with v2.60...

I will be on the lookout for this behavior on new presets and report back if I run into it. It might be worth opening a support ticket with Line6 if for no other reason then to give them a heads up on this and maybe they can help resolve it.

Just now, jud1433 said:

Ive opened a support ticket...sorry i thought i stated that ...my bad....just gotta wait few days but there's deffinately something not right here....ill keep posted....

Yup..thought i did...i said mid paragraph id ooened ticked lol....all good...

I'm having a similar issue.  It happens to footswitches that I have 2 different blocks assigned to. In my instance, it is a Deluxe Comp & the Output Blocks Level parameter.  I have it set so that when the Comp is on, the Output Block cuts the volume by -x.x, and when the Comp goes off, the Output Block levels to 0.0.  I save my presets with the Comp on, so the yellow light is bright. If I then copy/paste this preset to another slot, or I export/import it, then the footswitches light is then not only off/dim, but it changes color to white.  What gives!?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!....Quote from support.....

cdegardinJul 31, 00:08 AMHi, This is actually by design. Snapshots act like Preset switches in that by auto they are only red or off. The dim/bright only applies to custom snapshot footswitches. Best regards, Technical Support Line 6 Support Europe

Thanks for the help guys and thanks

Cdegardin....

Edited by jud1433
To show appreciation

Maybe I'm missing something as far as details go, but I program a song/preset, and use snapshots to make changes between verse/chorus'lead etc so the most snapshots I' have in a song is 4, but I'm able to assign a custom color to the bottom row (I run in 4 preset/4snap mode) and all the colors are 'on', but the selected snapshot is 'bright'