Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp switching doesn't work on Mesa Boogie Triple Rec and ENGL Powerball

royshredder

Dear Line 6 team

I am a Helix LT user since one year ago, I implemented Helix LT as a pedal board/ effect unit, so the tone using real tube amps, there are four amps I implement that I have. So I used the External Amp facility in Helix to switch the channel

1. Marshall DSL 40 watt with two channel (set up in4 CM) work well.... I love it

2. Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier with two channel (set up in 4 CM) work well.... I love it

But real problem are :

3. Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier with 3 Channels (Set up in 8 CM/ spliter from 1 cable stereo to 2 mono cable ) doesn't work (can not switching the channel) and sounded noisy come from send return 

4. ENGL Powerball with 4 Channels (Set up in 8 CM/ spliter from 1 cable stereo to 1 stereo cable )  switching channel works but sounded noisy but drive,  which sounded distortion only and no clean sound

I always hope this can be solved when there is the latest firmware, the reality until the last version of July 2018 version 2.6 it has not been solved, even the noise is louder sounded on Mesa Triple Rec and ENGL, obviously I really disappointed because in the Helix's feature declared this facility can work well

Need your clarification from you that more tangible, because besides this problem I really like Helix, for your info I have tried this issue on Helix Floor of my friend and the result is the same problem.

Thanks a bunch in advance, your feedback is meaningful for me

Best Regards

ROY

Firmware revisions will not fix channel switching. The channel switching within Helix is hardware related and not firmware. Helix will not switch ALL amps as desired. Those two amps you mention I believe has different connectors for the footswitch, so you would either have to find someone that builds custom channel switchers that are midi controlled, or build your own. Or if those amps already have midi on board, then you can just go midi for switching.

Thanks for your feedback, FYI Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier it has 3 mono jack 1/4 and also ENGL Powerball  ( 2 mono/ stereo jack) for footswitch and I have tried with FS 6 BOSS and Foot Controller FCB 1010 from Behringer (not via midi) still using 1/4 Jack mono or Stereo works perfectly. While when I tried as per my point No. 3 & 4 these are based on instruction video Helix on youtube to switch Mesa Boogie Tri rec amp since this device released.

I choose Helix due to has a feature like FS 6 BOSS or Behringer FCB 1010 as channel switcher , so ... still have big question on this matter

Better line 6 team to explain this matter,  so that it will be clear

• 1 month later...

I also have an ENGL amp, a Ritchie Blackmore Signature head. Using the HX Effects EXT Pedal jack set to 'Amp' I can't access my clean channel.

The amp requires a TRS jack to change channels, but I've read on here that a TRS jack in the HX jack sends 3V down the cable and it's screwing up amps.

Would love Line 6 to chime in and help us.

7 hours ago, simmerswitch_ said:

I also have an ENGL amp, a Ritchie Blackmore Signature head. Using the HX Effects EXT Pedal jack set to 'Amp' I can't access my clean channel.

The amp requires a TRS jack to change channels, but I've read on here that a TRS jack in the HX jack sends 3V down the cable and it's screwing up amps.

Would love Line 6 to chime in and help us.

Hi simmerswitch,

This issue has cropped up on several occasions, most recently regarding a Fender amp. You can see the comments in that thread here:

As noted in those comments, there are also other brands with this switching issue.

The thing is that Line 6 implemented a channel switching feature that works, just not in all cases.

Don’t hold your breath waiting for a comment from Line 6, this goes way back to 2015.

FYI: see this post.

This guy had a solution for Mesa V25 Owners.

Hope this makes sense.