ivanmongiardo

Need help for Petrucci's delay setting

Hi guys..

I would like to get the same cascade effect on the delay that John Petrucci is using during live performances. You can hear it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFc8g2YBwTo

From what I can read in the description, Petrucci is using the Dual Delay effect from Fractal stuff.

I thought I could use the Dual Delay stereo block in the Helix, but this delay lacks the cross-feedback between L and R channels you have in the Fractal that generate that cascade effect.

Any idea or chance to replace this tone also in the Helix?

Thanks!

I found this

On clean and rhythm sounds, he tends to use a subtle stereo delay/chorus effect of ~20-25m panned hard left/right with no regeneration (i.e. 1 repeat only).  On leads, he tends to use a stereo delay with ~460ms on one side and ~600ms on the other, with three repeats each.

Doesn't he also use the ducking delay from the 2290?

Or didn't he?

Thanks guys.

The tone I'm referring to is the tone Petrucci has during live performances in 2017/2018, and there he is using an Axe FX for the delay.

Anyway, I think I've found a solution stacking two dual delays with switched L/R time and tweaking the mix parameters to avoid infinite feedback. This should simulate the "cross-feedback" capability of the Axe FX.

In the next weeks I will upload the patch and a video showing the result.

Bye!