Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cant update to 2.6

Soultrainer

Hi! I cant get 2.6 firmware to work. First it didnt go through when reloading presets so I had to shut the unit down after hour or so. >Then I rebooted factory settings. Then I updated to version before 2.6. That was ok but all my IR´s are gone. Thats a lot of missing IR´s, I think they are there but everything shows that IR directory is empty, weird. Then I tried to update to 2.6 and it worked but I didnt get anything new, no new amps, no distortion, no new loop. IR´s are still gone and I when I try to reload from backup it just wont go through but gives an error and I cant restore them. Patches are ok, but IR´s are gone. I dont know what to do anymore, help.

I have heard that some have had problems to install updates but didnt know its this hard. It also didnt ask to update control too like it says in manual.

Are you using HD Edit on your computer and if you are have you updated it to the latest one? If you haven't you need to start there. You won't see any of the new stuff on your computer if you haven't updated to the most recent version of the Edit program. If you rebooted to factory settings (which has no IR's) and did not save your IR's somewhere else I'm pretty sure your IR's are gone. I know there have been USB issues with updates so don't use a USB hub and try other USB ports or even a different computer. The weird thing, of course, is you were able to load an earlier version . Hope some of this helps.

1 hour ago, Soultrainer said:

I have updated updater but no, nothing new comes to editor when I update to 2.6. I cant put new patches to my Helix that includes stuff from Helix 2.6 firmware like Jason Sadites patches.

Hi Soultrainer,

Please read this post, below, by "phil_m" first!

Are you the same Soultrainer who had problems with an update just over a year back?

You don't appear to be having much luck with this stuff.

Make sure that the Line6 Updater that you are using is v1.14, sometimes you may have a shortcut on your P.C. and still be using an older version to send the firmware to Helix and it will not work properly.

Also what "brue58ski" states is correct. Your IR's may be gone and you have to reload them.

Ok, thanks for the tips. I try them later and tell if I got it.  I think Im the same guy.

One thing. I dont know where to get the latest editor, I have tried to find it but it just found updater, no editor update. It just says: At this time, there is no   software available that matches your selection. when I try to find it. So if you have link please put it here, that might fix the problem. I also have backup of my IR´s but I havent succeeded to restore them, I try that also when I get all the new stuff working, thats the most important thing here.

I got it guys. I followed phil_m instructions and it worked. Problem was that I was looking Line 6 edit, not HX edit.  I got all the IR´s back too, so good. Many thanks!

Ok, thanks for the tips. I try them later and tell if I got it. 

I cant find it where I can set that this is solved, but case solved anyway =)