Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Set Helix 1 button looper in 1/2 speed

amsdenj

15 hours ago, amsdenj said:

I tried setting the looper to 6 button, setting to 1/2 speed and then switching to 1 button looper, but the looper is still set to full speed. Is there a way to do this?

Hi amsdenj,

That's a very good point.
I have just read through all the update notes regarding the 1 switch looper, and there doesn't appear to be any mention of being able to engage the half speed function.

Furthermore, there is no mention of using the reverse play function. 

Surely some oversight from the coders at Line 6!

C'mon guys!

16 hours ago, amsdenj said:

I tried setting the looper to 6 button, setting to 1/2 speed and then switching to 1 button looper, but the looper is still set to full speed. Is there a way to do this?

I just had a response in another thread from phil_m, who states the  answer is:

"Those functions aren’t available with the 1-Switch Looper. There’s only so much you can do with one footswitch."

That's true enough!

So before they dropped the one switch I've been controlling the looper by setting up footswitches to send midi commands. Takes up less switches that way. (Of course you have to use a midi cable to go out of helix and back in it. Or if you have other devices your controlling there are a couple way to mange to feed midi back into helix. Anyway, you can do this with the one switch too! You can easily set up a footswitch to control full/half time, and forward/reverse. I'm Really wishing we could save the position of those parameters though! Anyway, hope this helps! Helix is such a wonderful playground!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Roberttheprole said:

So before they dropped the one switch I've been controlling the looper by setting up footswitches to send midi commands. Takes up less switches that way. (Of course you have to use a midi cable to go out of helix and back in it. Or if you have other devices your controlling there are a couple way to mange to feed midi back into helix. Anyway, you can do this with the one switch too! You can easily set up a footswitch to control full/half time, and forward/reverse. I'm Really wishing we could save the position of those parameters though! Anyway, hope this helps! Helix is such a wonderful playground!

Hi,

Thanks for that info. That’s very interesting. I shall have to look into setting this up. Kewl!

• 4 weeks later...

I found a work around to get 1/2 speed (and 2x the loop length) using the 1-button looper. Here's the steps:

1. Configure a block with the 1-button looper and assign a foot switch
  2. Save the patch 
  3. Touch the foot switch assigned to the 1-button looper to select that block
  4. turn the block select knob one click clockwise to select the 6-button loop block
  5. press the loop foot switch to get the 6-button looper foot switches
  6. press the 1/2 speed switch
  7. turn the block select knob one click counter clockwise to select the 1-button looper - you'll still see the 6-button looper foot switches. 
  8. press foot switch 6 to exit looper mode
  9. save the patch

The 1-button looper will now be in 1/2 speed and the loop will be twice as long

• Upvote 2