Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd X Acting Funny Out Of The Box.

bravo929

First time poster so hello!

The pod Hd has caught my eye for a while now, then the X was released so i went for it. It came in the mail today and issues started. What happened was..

USB B cable would not securely stay in the interface (swapped it out with another one)

did not want to install drivers correctly (its fixed now)

While playing with it a little more once i got to the Pod HD Edit, it kept failing the preset transfer and then the Pro x started turning off and on where it would display the "LINE6" logo constantly. I read to press power and hold the left arrow, which fixed it sort of. Then i read another that actually fixed the device by resting the firmware. I went to reset the firmware, half way through i got an error 8000721. 

I did a complete reinstall of the interface and ran smoothely and still no luck, my POD pro acts as a paper weight now that says (update flash). for the little bit i played with it i loved it. Anyone help me out please? 

Thanks

Same thing happening to me. I keep getting error 800000a when trying to load user presets. Cable is a tad loose but not having any major trouble there, also had the logo flash problem, almost like it kept power cycling. Doing a firmware reset fixed that, hopefully it's just bugs that can be patched out.

Anyone have any other ideas on why I would be getting this connection time out? I've tried reinstalling the program, swapping out cords, USB slots, and each time it gives me this error. The odd thing is that it will only start power cycling when I have the edit program running, when it's unplugged or not running, the pod works 100% fine.

best thing to do at this point is probably swap units...get to the vendor ask for a swap and see if the problem persists...if it does, it's probably something that you are doing, although I don't see anything wrong about what you are doing with your POD

As an update, I actually did sent the unit back and just received the new one today. Still having the same issues. I've had a support ticket opened for a while, they haven't been able to help much. 

To clarify, the Line 6 Pod HD Pro X works fine without being plugged into the computer. I'm able to create, save, edit, etc any tone section I want on the device. When I go to plug in the device to the computer, and launch Line 6 Pod HD Pro X Edit, the unit starts going crazy. It will turn off, power cycle, won't consistently sync individual tones, etc. The most aggrivating part is that when I try and import the entire tone list or individual set lists from the unit to the computer or vice versa, I get error 800000a Connection Time Out. I have a hard time believing I recieved two defective units, and I've tried almost everything I can imagine. Different USB ports, different USB cords, and I've completed the USB Troubleshooting steps the document here at Line 6 provides. I'm starting to think its an issue with my computer, but I can't understand what it would be. I have no other issues with anything else run by USB. Any suggestions would be fantastic. 

hard to tell... but look for any sort of usb filters, or any sort of midi related programs. in the past logitech cameras had caused issues as well...

might also check for driver updates... i'd google and use slimdrivers as it will find things you'd easily forget.... (assuming we're talking windows here....)